What are you playing today?

Just set up a Valheim server. It‘s like Minecraft for old people. :grin:

2 Likes

Aye, my 40yo crowd is loving it atm.

I hadn’t heard anything about Valheim until @APC-7 mentioned it. Then like a day later, I saw it all over the gaming sites. Looks really interesting, kinda wish a had a decent PC to try it.

sometimes I would hop on doom 2016, sometimes black ops 2 for the nostalgia

1 Like

Super Mario 3D World

How are you liking it? How did you like Bowser’s Fury? I am kind of interested, but I feel kind of burnt from buying 3D Allstars. Not sure I want more Mario.

1 Like

We’ve had the switch for years and have hardly ever used it. My wife and I finally had some free time and rediscovered it over Christmas and have been on a MAJOR Mario fix lately working through all the titles.

After finally getting Odyssey 100% complete (all moons, costumes, achievements), beating Paper Mario Origami, and Galaxy, playing 3D World is a major shock because it is not open world. We never played it on the Wii U and the course concept was jarring.

My wife is really enjoying it.

Haven’t tried Bowsers Fury mode yet.

3 Likes

well tonight was imnortal: fenyx rising game night and that game is just so so so much fun

I have heard good things about Imnortal: fenyx rising. Good if you want more BOTW, or an Assassin’s Creed type game.

1 Like

I have been trying to work through my backlog.

• Ni no Kuni: Got this on a deep sale for the Switch. Charming game. I like the look and the music, story seems pretty average. I put a couple hours in and gave up. The combat was pretty blah… and from some of my investigation, it doesn’t not look like it gets any better. Not a bad game, but just didn’t grab me.
  • Catherine Full Body: This is what I am currently playing. Seems like a visual novel type game about adult relationships. Really pretty interesting so far. The gameplay is this tower climbing puzzle type thing that happens between the story beats. Really pretty fun. I am starting to really like the puzzle aspects. I have heard some people state that it can get pretty far. I am just playing on normal, and while it has not been too bad, I have got into some aspects where I back myself into a un-winnable spot and I have restart. Luckily you can rewind a few turns, and there are check points in the puzzle levels.

I also picked up Thronebreaker: A Witcher Tale. Pretty excited to try this. It is supposed to be a really great RPG with card building combat. I haven’t tried a card battler type game yet.

Cheers!

Currently debating over whether to suffer in XCOM 2 or suffer in The Surge.

It’s so super funny too and the puzzles are really something you have to think about

I’m currently playing Factorio with the Krastorio 2 mod while I wait for the oxygen not included dlc to stabilize.

1 Like

Played MGS a bit further last night, probably continuing today.

Playing some Castlevania on my RetroPie. These games are harder than a dead dinosaur’s dick :skull_and_crossbones:

10 Likes

Finally found something to play on the dusty ass switch with Monster Hunter Rise. I’m really new to the series in general (but not capcom action games) but it’s been a blast.

1 Like

Yeah they are! I really enjoy the Symphony of the Night style Castlevania games, but I have no desire to try the classics. :smiley:

1 Like

I had a Virtual LAN to celebrate a close friend’s 40th this past weekend. We thoroughly enjoyed Fall Guys, Among Us and Insurgency Sandstorm!

4 Likes

As of recently I’ve been playing Darkest Dungeon which has been fun. Got it on sale a couple weeks back. A good mix of tough and fun.

I saw that Evil Genius 2 came out which I’m pretty interested in, but I don’t know if it has enough going on to justify its price so I’ll probably wait for a sale.

These days I find myself playing a lot of strategy. Aside from Darkest Dungeon, I’ve been up countless nights thinking, “just one more turn” when playing Total War: Three Kingdoms and Total War: Warhammer II.

But going deeper into other strategy games, I’ve been playing a lot of Paradox’s offerings mainly Hearts of Iron IV, and Crusader Kings 3. I still want to get into EU4 ever since they released a monthly DLC sub instead of paying almost $300 for all the DLC haha.

I’m getting older and slower so I just don’t find FPS as exciting anymore. My brain can still keep up, but often my hands, wrists, and fingers cannot. It’s like when you recognize what needs to be done, but your brain slowly watches your body fuck up the commands to flick the mouse and you end up overaiming, missing, and then dying. Maybe with more practice I could get back into shooters, but for now it’s just single player FPSs if I get back into them (or Co-op shooters).

1 Like

BeamNG Drive goes great with morning coffee.

5 Likes