What are you playing today?

In regards to strategy have you tried the Fire Emblem games? I wouldn’t necessarily recommend the newer games (Switch and 3DS) though they are very popular but the GBA and DS ones are incredibly fun and have sucked up years of my life on the original hardware and in emulators.

Physics go brrrr

Anyways, Pure Rock Crawling might interest you if you’re into these games :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think I am most impressed with how you guys were able to work this in to everyones’ schedules :joy:

1 Like

A bunch of married guys with kids. It wasn’t easy. It basically meant skipping sleep. I haven’t seen that time of day, er… morning since I was in college.

1 Like

Love Awakening and Echoes on the 3DS. Three Houses is great too. I just don’t like how you need to play the game 4 teams to get every inch of the story. I know the other difficultly modes help there, but still. That and it seems like the classes were not really balanced. Still a ton of fun though. I need to get back to my second play through.

I haven’t been able to get into Three Houses, unfortunately. I didn’t give it a shot really, I just found that I couldn’t jump right into a battle and that was frustrating. I’ll have to try again sometime, I just find myself playing BotW anytime I turn on the Switch

I have been all over the place with games these days. I think it really comes down to the fact that there is a lot of stuff I am interesting in playing, it is just finding the time has been hard.

I have been hearing so many great things about Monster Hunter, I kind of want to jump in, but the time commitment and noting knowing anyone to play with has been two giant hurdles.

There was a post a while back about the anniversary of Mother3 and there was some news about a new fan translation. I picked this game up once, and I might need to try it again. Really pretty RPG that looks like a children’s book, but from what little I have seen the story is very dark and adult.

1 Like

Not much has changed in my gaming of late aside from not playing as much.

I’m still playing Total War Warhammer II, Crusader Kings III, and Hearts of Iron IV. I have mixed in some Warhammer Vermintide II for some good co-op hack and slash fun times!

I guess my gaming has diversified as I’m back into playing tabletop RPGs :smiley:

2 Likes

I have a tendency to fall back on Civilization 4, which is now terrifyingly 15 or 16 years old.

I haven’t really invested time in a AAA game since I beat Dark Souls III a couple of years ago, but that may because of additions to my family since then.

2 Likes

I got back into Diablo 3 after finally biting the bullet and paying for the Necromancer class. I have to say, I really enjoy it and I’ve been playing super casually, no pressure to level or min/max my character. Playing it alone and my way.

I grabbed Diablo3 on the Switch fairly recently. It plays great on there! And the seasons are really fun.

1 Like

Disco Elysium - it’s like a choose-your-own-adventure audiobook with painterly graphics and all kinds of good voice acting.

5 Likes

2 Likes

Fantasian mostly. I think it’s pretty good. Short but immersive story. I’ve read online that there might be a part 2 kind of thing happening…

This one’s really weird - at least when it comes to aesthetics. It’s a first-person rogue-lite survival-horror hyphen-fest… but it’s also equal parts surreal and absurd.

If David Lynch and Tom Waits got horribly drunk together and decided to make a pick-up-and-play game, this is probably what it would look, sound, and feel like.

3 Likes

Tales from the Neon Sea. Picked this game from the Epic Game Store back when it was a free weekly title. Surprisingly captivating, harkens back to the old school point and click adventure games, complete with a rather fascinating cyberpunk plot. It adds some modern sensibilities such as WASD controls with L Shift for sprint, instead of needing to click your way across the screen for character movement

5 Likes

Anyone else playing Pokemon Unite these days? I have kind of hit a wall on how much I can rank up with pug groups :frowning:

been playing warframe each day for a bit now. pretty fun even though it is rather overwehleming for a beginner.

Also cant wait for Palia to drop

Playing too much at Brutal Doom, good lord, this game is so intense ! I’m a huge fan of Doom 1 and 2, the level design is near perfection, the number of enemy, the ammo or the sound track are so good. This mod is great if you like good old retro games but with modern controls and even more violence and blood :grinning:

3 Likes

Hello, there and welcome to another episode of

Doom

Mod

Madness