What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Haha, I sure do. I gotta get me somma dat PTFE Power tho!

Finally joined the 9009 club!

Super pleased with the silicone cap as well, especially after seeing what happened with 8008

7 Likes

Creams do get better with use

2 Likes

I went with 206g00 from NovelKeys on my Creams. Pretty happy with the result.

1 Like

How you liking the 206g00? I have yet to try that, but it should be close to 205g0 right? I really liked the 205g00 I got from NK & I also got some 204g00 to try out. Havenā€™t put the 204g00 to any switches just yet though.

I had one of those. I recently found it while prepping to move. It was shriveled up and as hard as a rock.

IIRC, it kind of left a weird film on everything.

I recommend a DataVac, if your looking for an alternative to canned air. There are a few varriants, but Iā€™ve been using a basic white one with the cone tip for cleaning out computers and other things that get dusty for the last 8 years.

Edit: Wish I still had the video form the first time I used one. I blew about 6" of silt off a touchscreen terminal in a steel foundry.

1 Like

Ok, great to know. I may just use this for my car then. I went back and forth on weather to buy one of those ā€˜electric canned airā€™ guns as Iā€™m working on those white alps in my CTV Avant Stellar atm.

GMK 6006!

13 Likes

A thousand nerds cried out in terror wondering how they missed this GB, then were suddenly silenced realizing the box was upside down

7 Likes

CRP Peacock

1 Like

Was that from the Daily Clack GB? I got a notification that my order finally cleared customs.

Syruplabs

I decided Ortho was not for me and traded my Niu_Mini for an already built Quefrency from Keebio. I dressed it up with some SA Dolch from Domikey. The keycaps are covering Halo Clears with a Mish mash of switches on the mods and maco pad. The case is a 3D printed case from P3D store. Should be interesting to get used to using.

10 Likes

Did you get that on mech market in the last week or two? I think that dude offered to trade it to me for some stuff I had on there.

1 Like

Looks awesome! How are the switches?

2 Likes

Yeah, I assume it is the same one. I had posted my Niu_Mini a few times with zero interest, so I figured this board plus $100 would be fine, and give me a chance to try something new. Now if only I could get the left side to work? Not sure worried about it, the plan was to desolder the entire board and rebuild it anyway. I am not a fan of the Halo Clear switches. They have terrible ping and I prefer linear most of the time. Gonna rebuild it with BOX blacks and new promicros with peel aways.

2 Likes

meh. I have come to prefer linears so the Halo Clears are not my fav, and I donā€™t think these were lubed so there is a TON of ping from the spring. The plan with this board was to use it as an excuse to buy a desoldering gun and rebuild it with BOX Blacks and new pro micros with peel aways.

1 Like

Gotcha. Yeah I was gonna ask if you lubed the springs. Helps a lot

Oh, no, I didnā€™t build this, I got it in a trade. Now to save up to get a $245 Hakko FR-301 desoldering gunā€¦ I forgot how spendy they were.

1 Like

Whoa! Just get a soldier sucker for like $15

This is the good one

Engineer SS-02 Solder Sucker https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002MJMXD4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_DOT8EbESA3G1J

2 Likes