What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Samesies. I exclusively follow immediate family and keeeeeeeeeebs!

2 Likes

Got my susuwatari base set in the mail today. Absolutely

love it so far. Iā€™ve got it on an nk65 frost with nk blueberries and cherry plate mount stabilizers. Iā€™ve tried a few types of high profile keycaps and mt3 easily takes the cake. Iā€™ve tried SA and OSA and now MT3. I love the extra deep scoops the caps have and the colour scheme is quite nice in my opinion. The sound this profile gives is just awesome. Even though these are ABS keycaps they have a rough finish. Will be interesting to see how they feel after they eventually shine. Sorry for the subpar picture as my phoneā€™s camera isnā€™t the best.

7 Likes

My Infinikey Islander set came!
Very happy with how it turned out.

15 Likes

I find Instagram too limiting, as the images are restricted to a low resolution. Itā€™s like a worse twitter (I hate small image size and character restrictions)ā€¦ and to top it off, itā€™s a been there done that site, as I still remember the days of yafro and orfay.

I have and always will miss the days before Myspace and Facebook, where we all had to meet up in person, to socialize and the coffee house was one of the busiest places in town. You could introduce your self and sit down at a table with a group of random people and join in on the conversation, because there werenā€™t any open tables. If all the seats were taken, you could always start a hack circle out side. It really was a different time. People felt more real, like they werenā€™t pandering to a image and it felt like they were more likely to speak their own opinion, instead of regurgitating the opinion of the massesā€¦

I really do miss the zeitgeist of the era before social mediaā€¦ Probably part of the reason, that Iā€™m in into keyboards, because they add some physicality, to the sterile nature of online interactionā€¦

But I digressā€¦

7 Likes

A KBD8x MKii for my brotherā€™s birthday, a little late but no big deal.

2 Likes

That looks great. Excellent color combos. Sweet layout too.

1 Like

But if it werenā€™t for sm, we wouldnā€™t have the pleasure of getting to know you! :smile:

I dunno maybe Iā€™m just a bit too young, but I do remember a time before facebook etc and like I didnā€™t do any of those things. I would never sit down and talk to random people in a coffee shop and would def look at someone weird if they did it to me, even back then.

I find that in this day of digital communication it is so much easier to keep in touch with people, it not like 20 years ago when like you had to call someone and then like oh well they arenā€™t home and it was such a hassle to get a hold of them, now you can drop messages whenever and respond whenever is convenient, and itā€™s so much easier to organize get-togethers, parties, etc because you can just group dm people. You can also get an instant link to like anyone you meet anywhere, it not like ā€˜oh i forgot to get a phone number, guess I never get to see them again.ā€™

social media has definitely has super shitty implications for society and I would be super happy if facebook just like went offline forever tomorrow, but I really donā€™t agree with this take at all. It is so much easier to stay informed these days. There have always been shallow people and/or morons out there, they just have more of a platform now.

3 Likes

True, it is a double edged sword. lol

:slight_smile:

@dwarflemur

We had plenty of ways to communicate 20+ years ago.:
Messengers ICQ (1996), AIM (1997), MSN (1999), and Trillian (2000) to tie them all together.
Email: AOL (1993), Yahoo (1997), Hotmail (1996), and ISP hosted
Mail: I still remember writing letters to my grand parents and pen pals. I remember being genuinely excitement when a post card, from my father or mother, when they were on a business trip.
Phones: Land Lines (with voice mail), Cellphones (Still have my old Nokia 5110 in a box some where. Released in 1998)

6 Likes

Now this is a present.

2 Likes

What a match! Gives me vibes of those translucent colored Gameboys Nintendo made for awhile!

MT3 is a revelation! I held off on getting a set for the longest cause I honestly thought how much different than SA can it really beā€¦ Well once I got my MT3 BoW set a few days back I came to find quite a huge difference in typing feel! Way more than I had expected TBH. I can type just as fast on MT3 as I can on Cherry profile which is definitely not the case with SA. SA as much as I love the looks, definitely slows my typing down & lowers my accuracy. MT3 on the other hand just doesnā€™t present those problems to me, which is kinda mind blowing. Matt3o did a damn fine job designing this profile!

7 Likes

Got my 3rd Novatouch in the mail today. Canā€™t ever have too many topre boards, right?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG-0J0Nnqwr/

4 Likes

Youā€™re obviously a lucky touch typist. When I tried MT3, my fingers were hitting the edges with disturbing accuracy.

4 Likes

Every time I see a Novatouch

including my own lol

7 Likes

Yeah I have gotten to be fairly proficient at touch typing recently so that may be making a difference for me. Although even at that I still have that same issue with SA when touch typing at speed, while with MT3 I just flow like with Cherry profile. The big difference to me is the tops of the caps, with MT3ā€™s more sunken tops my fingers just seem to fall into place while I still struggle finding the center of a cap with SAā€™s less sunken in tops.

2 Likes

isnā€™t it sad that theyā€™re just gone? Likeā€¦ CM spent all that time and money to develop the PCB and firmware and just let it die. Wonder who has access to that manufacturing process today?

2 Likes

Realistically no one :frowning:

Iā€™m pretty confident the manufacturing is ripperoni in pepperoni

2 Likes

Nice. I havenā€™t pulled the trigger on one yet

1 Like

Got some of those SP-Star tactiles :eyes:

6 Likes