What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Got a Preonic kit from Drop and built it. I want to see what ortho is all about. So far I really like it, but I got a bout of wrist pain at the same time, so it’s hard to enjoy at the moment.

Built with Drop Holy Pandas with 3204 and Deskeys films.

I’m not a huge Drop fan but it’s nice to be able to get stuff that’s in stock! :raised_hands:

6 Likes

Yeah, it’s no wonder most larger ortho keebs are split.

My dad 3d-printed a middle section / dust cover for my Keeb.io BDN9 - nice!

12 Likes

Looks great dude. I’ve been thinking of getting one of these to use for numbers/macros.

3 Likes

Switch Pullers Amazon cyber Monday deal!! Options were 2 for $12, or 5 for $6.12 :smiley:

7 Likes

Always wanted one of these things

23 Likes

You gonna Vibe mod it or just convert to USB?

1 Like

I’ve got one of these. It’s a nice board; what switches did yours come with?

TTC Gold Brown V3 switches

I’ve been waiting on these guys for a few months now, but I wasn’t expecting them today. Looking forward to trying them in a build; the main thing I liked about them in the tester was the sound, and I’ll be extra happy if that carries-over.

Definitely going to spice-up the shelf, visually speaking - these are like Tonka Toys street-cone orange, and they have a lens / light pipe a little different than you’d find on Halos.

8 Likes

Nice, you can put one in every room to ensure you’ll always be able to swap out switches!

On the subject of switch pullers, here’s a cool tip for anyone if you didn’t already know it.

You know when you have switches that are really hard to pull out? Sometimes they are just a bit larger than spec… sometimes it’s the plastic pins in the PCB that are holding on tight… but for whatever reason, this can make it difficult to pull out the switch. But I’ve found a solution that helps in many cases.

First, pull the switches as usual, pressing in the tabs on the top and bottom. Then, rock slightly downward, towards the LED opening while pulling. This will ususally release the tabs and pull the switch up a bit.

Then, instead of pulling hard the stubborn switch on the north and south sides, rotate and grab it on the East and West sides. You can get a much better grip on the sides because there are no tabs for plate removal there.

6 Likes

No vibe mod :-1:t3: Who needs another cherry board? :smirk: I’m gonna lube it up and enjoy that SKCC goodness :grin:

3 Likes

SKCC cream

1 Like

I’ve wanted to try the SKCC creams to compare to my mitsumi m0110. Wonder what’s the difference in the feel.

1 Like

Got my emerald green colored stab wires from TTC today actually! :smiley: and just the other day I got a batch of Healios v2s that I’m going to do up with g203 (i think, not sure).

Ditto. I imagine mitsumi is smoother :thinking:

MT3 Susuwatari came in today. First ABS caps I’ve had in a long time.

17 Likes

8 Likes

I like them so far. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So excited!

This is going on my e-White NK65 with my TKC Banana Splits.

My Dessert Board!

12 Likes

Rules to live by.