What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

those things are absolute game changers. i used to just slowly work the solder off of the contacts with some wick before i discovered those suckers a couple years ago. my mind was blown so hard it’s probably still recovering!

4 Likes

Kailh Polia switches arrived today. Not only are they beautiful, but they feel really great in the hand (haven’t put them in a board yet).

Very smooth, very little ping, they almost feel as though I could use them stock.

I will need to pop one open later too see what the situation is with lube, the product page doesn’t allude to it one way or another.

4 Likes

Mind taking some photos of the caps? :slight_smile:

MKUltra substances:

• Boba Silent Tactiles
  • Plate foam for my Tokyo60. I should’ve bought the version with the stand-off cutouts… I’ll have to cut it myself.
  • memo
  • mind control stickers

9 Likes

Sure thing!

8 Likes

Thanks my man!

Stabs

4 Likes

My brand new Drop ALT High Profile board came in yesterday evening! I had it sent with Speed Silvers and it types great, the spacebar is pretty loose, so that will be a good project working with plate mounted Stabs, but it’s a refreshing typing experience!

4 Likes

I’m a fan of the dorp high-profile designs, especially in black. My only real complaint about the boards is the keysets that come with them, specifically the iffy spacebars - thankfully they’re very easy to replace.

2 Likes

Black friday order from Keygem arrived.
Black inks v2, lots of milky tops gat blacks, durock stabs v2 and Tx 16mm 60g long springs.
Now have to make keyboards for all this…

11 Likes

Last December a friend of mine won a Keycult raffle and offered to sell it to me a few days later since he was going through buyers regret.

And it’s finally here!

I got @Manofinterests to build it up for me since I’m not good enough at lubing switches yet to really do this board justice, and I wanted to have it built by someone with experience so I’d have something to compare to as I work on that for my next few builds. The halo stems in ink housings (thanks for the suggestion @Deadeye!) feel and sound fantastic. I’m absolutely over the moon.

21 Likes

CM SK630 with Cherry Low Profle Reds…and yep, it’s just as scratchy as the original MX reds :frowning: At least the RGB is nice.

4 Likes

Dammit. That’s clean. Well done!

2 Likes

ahh so thats the keycult @Manofinterests was talking about in keyboard chores…

4 Likes

Got my first order from MKUltra today, and wow the packaging! mail day just got a lot more exciting.

6 Likes

Got my wins from the Bro Halloween sale :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Got a set of Gok X ePBT BoW, an Aio3 switch opener, & 5ml of 205g0 from Divinikey in today! I gotta shout out the packaging of the lube, easily the best packaged lube I have ever got. Not only is the tub sealed into a bag just in case, the top of the tub is sealed with one of those glued on foil deals too! The BoW set is pretty awesome, still no luck with the 7u spacebar though. It’s warped to the point it binds badly, thankfully all the other stabilized keys are good. Then the switch opener. I guess it is nice to have, but after trying a few switches with it I doubt it’ll replace the mechanicalkeyboards.com tongs I’ve been using for years now. At least I got an easy way to open Kaihl housings now!

9 Likes

zFrontier has re-stocked a lot of the basic PBT KAT Black on White so I grabbed one with the 40% keys. All the small spacebars are convex. Very nice to the touch.

12 Likes

Since I’m yet to try KAT profile myself (waiting for KAT Arctic and then Refined), I’m interested in your take on the profile - compared to Cherry and SA, typing feel and sound…

7 Likes

Got some Glorious Panda switches and trident, along with GMK Minimal. :slight_smile:

9 Likes