What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Yes and Shitcoin is HODL’s Assdrop. :smile:

2 Likes

Got some of those 5-pin BSUN transparent pandas from Bolsa in today, not sure what (if anything) I’ll end up using them for (Boba housings being my new fave).

Pitch seems a bit higher than that of either my Invyr pandas or private-buy Clear GSUS panda housings, but they’re also significantly smoother. Unfortunately there seems to be some ping in them, but since you’re almost always gonna be opening them and changing out components I don’t know how much it matters.

6 Likes

While I’d say it’s a mixed bag, I do have to give at least a little credit for improvement.

• Bad: copyrighting the “Holy Panda” name (just as it’s losing momentum in the community)

• Good: they actually process exchanges now

I mostly go to Dorp for things I can’t get anywhere else right now - like ABS MT3 keycaps.

4 Likes

Really wish they’d at least allow MT3 sets to run via proxy vendors, since they seem to want to both fully own the profile (fine) and underserve (or not at all serve) countries outside of North America :neutral_face:

It’s frustrating that so many folks in the hobby have to rely on the aftermarket to provide them products Dorp wants to control, and it makes very little sense. Changing that would win them some major goodwill, I think.

4 Likes

So. I’m putting the Kat Alpha set and the space bar is so curved. :frowning:

9 Likes

Marshmallows from a generous keebtalker.

What a pleasant surprise; I wasn’t expecting a whole fresh bag.

Edit:

They look like you could just squish them.

I’ll definitely be lubing these - especially the spring - but I have to say they are pretty much exactly what I expected from the marketing.

The MP spring does give it a marshmallow-like resistance that starts light and builds as more pillowy aerated sugar - er, spring-coil condenses under the stem.

If anybody has 12-15 more of these they’d be willing to sell or trade, I’m interested.

7 Likes

Got some ‘94 Vintage Blacks, quite a few are scratchy and a few are smooth as butter. This is my first rodeo with vintage switches and it looks like they’re going to need a lot of love to get them ready to go in a build.

9 Likes

I think he was only referring to the sound, not the feel.

I need this.

1 Like

soon :slight_smile:

An instant classic typo.

3 Likes

Almost all of the ePBT sets that I’ve ordered have been shipped in bags (BoW R1, Grayscale R1, and Slate for example). I’ll let you know how my Spectrum kits purchased from Kbdfans on black friday are packaged when they bother to ship me my order (9 weeks is typical order processing time right? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:).

1 Like

Vintage blacks are really cool, i love them, vintage Brown are also super cool. In general Vintage Cherry are greats !

1 Like

Perhaps obvious, but what is that 5u macropad with a rotary encoder?

Also, IBM mug team represent!

13 Likes

gb from a few months back. I think they do additional rounds from time to time.

That thing is next level :joy:

3 Likes

How do Vint. Browns turn out? My hunch is that you basically erode an already small bump :joy:

since BF? jeez. guess i’ll consider the Canadian additional charge as “expedited” shipping :joy:
has it just been that particular kit or are all their orders this delayed?

Pinoko switches I totally forgot I ordered… they feel kinda heavy just pressing them, might have to spring swap

7 Likes

the sound of those tho!

do they sound nice? I thought they were just another durock recolor and I thought durock was more smooth at the expense of sound. I don’t have anything with durock switches yet, i have these and some novelkeys silks sitting around.