What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

i check switch videos because i like a certain sound with them so i check if anyone used them before

Who would ever want some plain old dye-subs?

8 Likes

Mega mail day!

Finally got GMK Godspeed (Armstrong base, novelties, & spacebar kit. I ordered a Columbia base when extras went up too LOL!) & Infinikey X Alexotos Aether (Base, addon, & red/black Ungodly alum. artisan) in. I also got another Evil box in for my artisans.

12 Likes

Kailh GM4.0 switches for my Ducky Secret M mouse and its aging Omrons.

9 Likes

I’m not sure what do you mean by this? I’m in Europe (Germany) and I order from Drop their MT3 keycaps just fine. Fees are fairly minimal, at least compared to mechmarket inflated prices.

That’s interesting! Maybe they changed something? I’ve generally heard from folks living outside of the US (mostly in the UK or Ireland) that it’s Not Great™, but for the most part that’s been in regards to trying to get, say, HP components or GMK-made sets (where sometimes they’ve been able to get them, but it has to go from Germany to the US and back, which obviously isn’t ideal and just racks up fees).

I know Drop has different international shipping rules for different products, so it may be the case that some of them have had international shipping while others haven’t?

Same here. So far my two Drop orders shipped fine to Germany, just had to pay some custom when it arrived. I don’t like the feeling of having additional cost of unspecified amount at the time of order, but @casastorta puts it in the right perspective: it’s much better than inflated mechmarket prices. Plus, predictable stock (compared to GB) is always nice.

3 Likes

I’m not sure what was supposed to change, what were the issues before?

I know, historically and not from my own experience, that Dorp did play around with having EU warehouses, but they’ve abandoned that effort. Also, at least back in September last year you could order from European Amazon shops some Dorp stuff (mostly their in-stock GMK sets and their CTRL/ALT/ENTR keyboards, with customs and VAT pre-paid (so the price is higher than when ordering from US but no unpleasant surprises).

1 Like

Yeah I remember that being one of the bigger ones; as far as I understand no keycap sets ever went through that warehouse, they all had to go to the US and then get shipped back which resulted in higher costs for folks. Sounds like things have improved since I last heard about things, the EU Amazon store sounds like a particularly good move!

1 Like

:partying_face:

9 Likes

Is that the fixed batch?

5 Likes

I asked u/1upKeyboards about that and he pinky swore they are. Does anyone know how many total versions/batches Dorp came out with?

1 Like

Whew, hopefully they’re A-OK if they’re from the older batches.

I think Dorp’s new run was version 2 but started over with the batch numbers maybe? I’m not entirely sure

3 Likes

I stand a bit corrected, Amazon will still ship all Drop stuff from the US store but you will not be surprised if you order through European Amazon with additional expenses.

Examples:

But to emphasise it again - when I do buy from Dorp I simply order from Dorp and it gets to Europe quickly, no issues (note this: " Import Fees Deposit Included)

3 Likes

you love to see mispellings of the company name on the product page.

EDIT: @Deadeye new sticker design? :wink:

7 Likes

That’s very good to know!

1 Like

in for new sticker if it’s made to look like an Ikea product label. “Dropp Alt-Keybjord” (apologies to any Scandinavians in Keebtalk.)

4 Likes

It’s a switch delivery day! Stocked up on Gat Inks and decided i wanted to fiddle with those Durok POMs and the Gat Yellow Caps. The packaging for the yellow caps is totally over the top. you need a switch pulled to yank them outta this thick plastic tray. seems wasteful, but I bet people will like it. !

11 Likes

Free lubing station with purchase of Gat Caps!

3 Likes

Got a few things in the mail today. I got my module plate foam from kbdfans alongside a bunch of 67g springs. Also received my zilents in the mail. 67g was out of stock so I ordered the 78g and spring swapped them. They are now in my preonic which is quite quiet. Since these are my first silenced switches I was expecting the bottom out to feel much mushier than it actually is. Think it might be time to order some Boba U4s and compare the two switches.

2 Likes