What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Those make me curious!

1 Like

A complete Lubricate process is done with GP105 and GP205 Lubricates, during the manufacture of the FROG Switch.

Ooo, now that’s interesting. Keep us posted buddy!

1 Like

Customized and purchased this cable from LavishCables on Etsy! Really happy with the price and buying experience. What a perfect cable for my setup!

9 Likes

Soooo my partner is really good and got me a buuuunch of modular tip-out bins for storing the switches that are in my collection that aren’t singles.

Gonna have a fun time stocking these up tomorrow.

17 Likes

C64C case for my mechboard64. I’m gonna throw some coats of paint on it. I think you’ll like the end result.

19 Likes

Finally, after 2 weeks in custum I got them.

And I join the choir, they feel great.

6 Likes

These cases take exceptionally well to paint - I did a Robin’s Egg blue a few years ago:

28 Likes

Oooo, WOW! That looks exceptional! May have to try that one day.

Edit: What have you got inside? Just a keyboard? A C64 or some other build?

4 Likes

It is indeed a working c64. I painted a floppy drive to match. I posted this on Reddit and ended up selling it to a girl who wanted to buy it as a birthday surprise for her boyfriend.

I kept the monitor stock to use with my other Commodores and retro battle stations.

19 Likes

Not… entirely finished organizing, but this is (I think?) everything I’ve got >1 of in my collection. Some open ones up in the linear zone (top two rows), silent tactile zone (left two columns), and clicky zone (right two columns), as well as one unfilled large bin and some unfilled ones throughout (for stuff I know is coming) and at the end of the tactile zone. :sweat_smile:

22 Likes

This is beautiful! Do you have any links where to buy these?!

2 Likes

These are the small ones, but you should be able to find modular tip-out bins like these if you know to look for them with those words. That size holds about 35-40 switches nicely per-bin, the large size at the bottom holds, uh, well over what you’d need for anything other than an absolutely enormous battlestation.

2 Likes

:dizzy_face: I’m fainting from the sheer beauty of it. Saving these photos for sure

1 Like

Gorgeous! That blue compliments the brown of the keys so well.

I’m dying for an MT3 set in those colors. It’s not quite period-correct, but the tooling does already include Amiga OS keys…

2 Likes

Got that Wyse Ascii & couple more MX locks in today! The red one in the middle is just a dyed one the dude I bought from had a few dyed & I thought it looked pretty cool. Nothing rare or special there LOL. The Wyse on the other hand was a huge score for the $73 & change it cost me shipped.

It is very clean & easily has the smoothest Cherry switches I ever tried! I’m guessing it’s a combo of them being well worn it looks like & possibly being made very close to when the molds were made. It’s from 83 or 84 from what I can tell. Unfortunately the caps are pretty brittle. It showed up with the F4 cap’s stem broke, then the stem of the Caps lock key just crumbled when I removed it. I glued them back together & am hoping that’ll do the trick, but I’m pretty sure I’m gonna harvest the vint blacks from this. They’re just way too nice to not be in a custom! Probably will still rebuild & convert the Wyse at some point though.

Edit: Oh yeah check out the crazy OG stab this has for the spacebar! It’s literally just the slider held in by 4 little posts! :rofl: It’s also screw in, makes me wonder how well these would be in a modern build though. :thinking:

15 Likes

What a cool old board! Ahead of its time, too - F13 is en-vogue right now, but this has up to F16. Seriously though, I am curious about those stabs - definitely caught my eye.

3 Likes

When I harvest the vint blacks out of it, I’ll pull the stab & upload pics of it. :+1:

2 Likes

wow… amazing. It’s like a candy store.

1 Like

I will look at work tomorrow about the ECCN there’s a chance someone in the warehouse will have it or can look it up. Since you were looking to go TKL if you have any interest I have new in box WKL and TKL E-Yellow (dark yellow/orange depending who you ask) KBD8x mkII that I’m selling and would cut you a deal given you being jerked around - just thought I’d mention no pressure either way.

for those who will inevitably wonder if I’m a dreaded flipper lol I’m not. Besides they’re in stock so I’d be a terrible one if I was. I was doing a build with work friends and they came up ‘broke’ once their wives found out the cost and so I ended up covering it and moving on since I was the only person who has a prayer or reselling them since they are pushing 50 and aren’t in the keyboard world at all. I built my E-Yellow out with NK Silk Reds and must say it’s a dream for a guy such as myself who appreciates bold colors and light ultra smooth linears (switches lubed with GPL 105 after deciding I wanted even smoother than the fantastic factory job) and Zeal stabs with a finishline+GPL105+PTFE ultra fine powder combo I like to use.

1 Like

My first GMK set.:tada:
Let’s see what the fuzz is all about.

17 Likes