What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Deskmat came in today :blush:

9 Likes

That keyboard :heart_eyes:

Putes

8 Likes

I got these lovely caps in today

10 Likes

I think you guys know what this means.

12 Likes

Time to buy more switches :thinking:

3 Likes

And is deliverys on Saturdays a common thing in the states?

Well - I already bought the switches and needed a place to put them.

This was an Amazon delivery, but USPS also delivers on Saturdays.

1 Like

I got my first aid kit for the car today after using mine last weekend after I again hurt myself

Fun fact in Germany you have to carry a first aid kit and it has to have a certain DIN number it be actual. If you get stopped an fthey check you have to pay a fine if it’s not the right kit

8 Likes

U have to learn how to use it when you get the drivers license to?

2 Likes

Yes every person taking any driving test has to take first aid lessons.

Fun fact saved my grannies live with that’s they teach you all things, burns, acid, stable side, warning signs, stroke, heart attack.

My granny had one and with the tips from first aid I was able to help her until the EMT arrived

11 Likes

Gateron Orange

Box got a bit scuffed after I stacked it with other Akko switches.

As far as I can tell, these are lubed Gateron Browns.

They are very fun for modding, because of the fairly wide compatibility of these housings and stems.

I was able to insert OUTEMU Silent Sky stems directly into stock switches, and end up with a decent silent light tactile. You’d probably want to lube at least the spring, though, as it makes a faint squishing noise.

You can even make a less-tactile U4 silent tactile with these, as the Gateron housing is quiet enough with these, and it can handle light springs. But it wobbles more than Boba.

The stems fit in OUTEMU Boba housings. With 62 G TX 14mm springs, you can make a medium tactile. It’s similar to U4B [Boba housing with Gateron Brown stem].

You can also get a more tactile Gateron Orange by using an Everglide Jade stem. I think the Jade stem needs some lube, though, because it sounds scratchier than the Gateron stem. The stems also fit in SP Star Meteor, and other switches.

14 Likes

… and it must have a still valid expiration date. :smiley:

Happy Wochenende

2 Likes

Yup and so I use the old ones since I am a clutz and always need stuff to dress wounds

1 Like

Received PCB plates that I recently designed for the Manta.
The particularity is that they are not made of FR4, but of aluminium :wink:
More details will be posted later in the Manta75 thread.

12 Likes

Next up: Rogers hydrocarbon ceramic? :relieved:

1 Like

Haha, good idea !
It looks like ceramic PCBs do exist, although I have no idea of the flexibility and the price (must be damn expensive IMO).

These arrived today. Ooo, I’m glad I took your advice, very impressive. There’s a smidge of stem wobble, but absolutely within limits. What a steal.

And they’re purty too!

1 Like

240 Watt Dell power brick for my SFF build.

I wanted an internal HDPlex NanoATX, but it’s very out of stock. Their other one at least has an estimated stock date, but the 200 seems like it will be a while. So I’ll run it off of this for now. It’s about half the size of the actual build lol.

8 Likes