What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

1990s Cherry keyboard with C-date vintage mx blacks with some interesting bars in them. First time having vintage blacks myself so i didn’t expect this. Also, 2 of them had dead bugs in them, yummy. Good thing is that they seem to have not been used much as the keycaps are still mint and the switches are not as smooth as worn out vintage switches so they probably haven’t seen much use.

5 Likes

JTK Suited Assassin came in this afternoon. Gotta say the triple shot alphas aren’t bad at all.

15 Likes

Kyria kit came today :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

Banner day today, both the Basketweave and the Lumberjack came in on the same day.

I am SO far behind on my building.

7 Likes

They do such a great job of kitting that board.

2 Likes

Biggest mail day of 2021, very happy!

21 Likes

A small note about these Gateron Orange switches.

The stems are normal Gateron stems and are widely compatible with a variety of non-Gateron housings.

The Gateron Orange housings are a little bit scuffed, though, in the sense that they don’t reassemble as solidly as other switches.

Maybe it’s how I’m opening them, which is honestly pretty aggressively, but the top housing clip/pins for holding are getting bent on one side when I open them. So, when I reassemble, the holding pins aren’t entirely flush, and sometimes the tops consequently are not 100% flush to the bottom-housing.

This might be avoidable with a more careful process of disassembly and assembly. But, being budget Gateron switches, I don’t think they are built as well or tight as something like an OUTEMU Boba.

3 Likes

Oh! Is that the Mesa TKL? I was reminded of that the other day. It totally fell off my radar. :frowning:

Yessir!

Small mail day.

Switches and a MiniVan

11 Likes

Durock L series by any chance?

Yes I’ve never tried them before. Any tips? I am usually team tactile, but have decided to try out some linear switches. I have lubed H1s coming in the mail. The Durocks are stock for now.

2 Likes

I’ve only recently started playing around with them. Was lucky enough to get a “v2” batch with improved tolerances, so films aren’t really necessary, but some foam-based ones like Deskeys might help tighten up the sound.
I always replace the tops with cherry ones, so I didn’t get to experience them fully.
Lubed with krytox mix which brought out the “skating feel” without compromising the clack/poppiness

2 Likes

Ooo good choice. Top tier switch to be sure.

1 Like

JTK Suited Assassin arrived today. Also, my Model F came in! I’m going to wait until tomorrow to unbox it. Too much going on today. Ordered that sucker on November 29th of 2016!

23 Likes

Oooh please do an in-depth review of Model F!

2 Likes

Keebwerk Tacit. V2s

11 Likes

That’s an awesome photo. I’m pretty sure you could make even the most pedestrian switch look special.

1 Like

This keyset flew under my radar. Regret not catching the GB. Looks awesome!

PCB delivery from JLCPCB! New small keeb I call the FistBNMP

15 Likes