What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

The GB for lux was like… March 2020 wasn’t it? I remember it ran right after Spirit which was nearly identical and got delivered to me late last year

With that said I’m pretty sure spirit was already in the production queue when the gb started because I got that like 6 months before Hero which ran in the same month iirc

3 Likes

I got an autographed Gamers Nexus mousepad in today😄

I haven’t used a mouse-only mousepad since I built this desk, looking forward to seeing how my keyboard sounds change directly on the wood.

10 Likes

Significant mail day; one from Michigan, the other from Melbourne.

From TKC, the in-stock Portico kit:

It has all sorts of goodies being a full kit, but I was mostly interested in trying the board itself as it has a lot of things that are new for me.

The Banana Splits are from the kit, and the rest are from Daily Clack. I’d bought a whole bunch of Shogoki switches from them about five minutes before realizing they were an Aussie vendor, but hey.

Long story short they’re still waiting on the purple robot switches so I went for store credit towards some Pom Cobalts, a few Dark Amber T1s, and a set of Gateron Limbos - which I think are polyamide Kangaroos(?) - not pictured are some maybe-too-small brushes and some OA stabs.

5 Likes

Looks great! Would love to hear more about your experience with the Portico and the switches :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Long shot, but do these have a zeal seal? :crossed_fingers:

Afraid not - but they do come with two sets of stems, one labeled as “updated” - they both seem to have pretty tight tolerances for the wire.

1 Like

Very positive so far! You can find my first impressions with a sound test here.

1 Like

Got my Saturn 60 today. Beige case with an extra black base. Did some dry fitting to test keycaps and switches. Tried with the new Gateron Pro yellows which I also got today. The switches are nice, but nothing al that different from KS-3s. Perhaps a bit smoother stock.

https://imgur.com/gallery/yVxg0Yu

Was planning to put GMK Noire on this. Would be a perfect RAL match to the two tone case.

But now I’m not so sure because GMK caps sit really low in the case. It’s not too low but close.

MT3 looks nice too.

This thing is impressively heavy. The powder coated steel is perfectly textured. When fully assembled, with gasket material, it has no hollowness at all. Very happy.

20 Likes

IBM Model F XT. Actually came yesterday, but I spent the whole day restoring it so I forgot to post it. This is my second F and I really love these boards…even if they are a pain in the butt to work on.

11 Likes

Lovely

2 Likes

Space age!

Really really nice. Wow … Ok, now I need MT3!

3 Likes

I love the design of that board - and it MT3 looks right at home on it. It looks like a terminal board straight out of 1981!

5 Likes

yea. i feel a lot more connected to the saturn60 with MT3. What a stunningly classic look.

3 Likes

Finally got my B-1000 Al Bumen in from Primecaps today! It’s a beauty of a cap, really cool how the face is made of metal. Also those guys did not skimp on the Hi-Chew LOL!

11 Likes

Can someone pinch me…I think may be dreaming.

6 Likes

Love the Pittsburgh colors :wink: Nice work

1 Like

Pretty big haul today. Got all the diy parts for a custom cable from zap cables, as well as my order of hyperglides, 106 lube, TX films and durock v2 stabs from divinikey. Failed attempt at cinematic shots below

12 Likes

19 Likes

It’d be cool to have someone do a review of acoustic differences acrylic-top/aluminum-bottom vs aluminum-top/acrylic bottom. I’d think the later would sound better off-hand but also see impact of mounting method making generalization difficult.

3 Likes