What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

I ordered one (1) and here’s what arrived. I swear the universe want’s me to build two (2).

Extra points for what am I building? :laughing:

6 Likes

ALPS Planck.

2 Likes

And the winner is… Don :smiley:

3 Likes

I think they were always grey like that; there was a run of MT3 Serika which I think was dye sub like dev/tty, and it had actual white keys.

1 Like

Mine blank /dev/tty is also gray and feels terrible :confused:

1 Like

My problem with dev/tty is the “|” looks awkwardly long :confused:

Am I the only one that pronounces it dev/titty?

3 Likes

Xeno: the legend is true!
My phone’s camera made the purple look too pink where it has more blue in it than this. It’s a nice medium purple in person, not too blue nor too red/pink. The bottom right portion that is under shadow is closer to how it looks IRL. The reflection from my monitor also makes the silver plate/weight look more rose gold. As Pixel stated the anno is a little dryer feeling than I would like (vs silky), kind of like matte paint, but it’s well done, and there aren’t any top/bottom case matching issues at all. I have a POM half plate on order so I’ll have to wait till that comes in to give my opinion on the board overall.

18 Likes

Yay more are shipping out for peoples!

What’s your plan for the build?

Received this yesterday, it’s a lovely bit o’ hardware.

15 Likes

Ooo that looks fun! Righteous addition for sure.

1 Like

Something linear I’m thinking. The top contender right now is H1’s, but I’m also considering Tangies, Gat Inks, or even the JWK blacks (jwick full nylon) that I received recently. Just remembered the TTC Wilds too. Jeez, I may have to think about this one, lol. Hyperfise Origins has to be the first set on this though.

2 Likes

feeling a little fomo for missing out on that macropad. hopefully there is more to come in future releases.

If the opportunity arises, I think you’ll enjoy it. It’s such a thoughtful and pleasant product experience, from the unpacking and build instructions (simple as it is) to the fit and finish of the actual unit.

1 Like

Drop Topre Spacebars and another Project 70 card.

12 Likes

Everglide Aqua King V3 r2’s from heebie keebies, who get my award for most fun vendor name…

9 Likes

What a beautiful keyset. @norbauer knocked it out of the park with the design. This will live on my U80 until I put together my VHS Norbaforce. This is my first DSS set, and I’m really digging it so far – not a total surprise because I really love DSA (SP made anyway) and adding a sculpt only elevates their shared feel. The only thing that I’m not sure about just yet is the dished homing keys. My favorite caps of all time are deep dish DSA homing keys, and while these have that same dish, they are also sculpted which leads to pronounced points on the bottom two corners that aren’t the most pleasant to hit while typing. Thankfully, if I don’t adjust, Ryan included “nippled” regular dish versions in the kit as well.

Overall, this gives me assurance that DSS Late Harvest was a good buy, and I can’t wait to outfit more of my boards with DSS. Speaking of, if anyone would be willing to look into the “rights” to make DSS Skull Squadron and launch a GB, I would have to change my pants (I would need new knickers even if it was a DSA rerun).

I also recently picked up several WOB DSA kits for a song on r/MM which should should be in my possession shortly. Exciting times.

16 Likes

Picked up some cherry blues from digikey to play with. They have a weird spur on the blue stem. It doesn’t affect keycaps but is this normal for blues?

5 Likes

I think that spur is normal for blues, but thats just because I see it in all the pictures on the Deskthority wiki page for Cherry MX Blues.

https://deskthority.net/wiki/Cherry_MX_Blue

3 Likes

As far as I’m aware, all Cherry MX clicky switches have those. I seem to remember someone here mentioning it had to do with ejecting them from the molds.

3 Likes