What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Ahaha I got the same set.

It went on sale for a very low price once AKKO came out with their nice Camping ‘inspired’ set.

[TBF, the AKKO set has similar colours but not accents/legends, whereas PBT Camping just rips if off].

I got it to hold over my IKKI68 Aurora until CRP arrives.

2 Likes

New phone.

8 Likes

Oh now you mention it …
Never mind, I’m using that key as a backspace :slight_smile:

Perhaps but you do you …
I say “dev tutty” myself. The original phrase of course is “teletype” to perhaps “tetty” would have been better.

After more than 5 years into the hobby i decided to finally build a Tofu. I’ve only went for plastic options of keyboards so far because i didn’t like the sound of metal keyboards when i tried them, or at least i thought so. i think i’m warming up to them now that i built a more decent one myself with JWK yellows and temporary oem cherry stabs. I have silicone just waiting to be poured and small o-rings on the way for burger mounting it.

15 Likes

POM half plate for my XENO cut by Green Door Geeks. I haven’t tried it for switch or case fitment just yet – I suppose if I don’t report back, all is well. I’m very grateful for @Pwner providing the plate files and for GDG cutting me a plate so quickly (I contacted the owner via discord about a custom order only 3 days ago and it’s already in my hands!).

8 Likes

Drop unexpectedly delivered the ALT Barebones to go with the other stuff I received a couple of days ago. I say unexpectedly- I did order the thing! But there was no tracking information sent to me, so I didn’t know it was shipping.

I could put the whitefox keys back on, and move the /dev/tty’s onto this new board … but I’m supposed to be waiting for Drop’s Glimy DSA 2077 to ship … and they’ll suit the black much better …

5 Likes

Thank you so much for the kind words!

For anyone still interested, by the way, thought I’d just mention that we have only two After-School sets left, as of this writing. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Very nice. Dude, thanks for sharing. I added the shop to our vendor list.

1 Like

Good thinking. I first became aware of them when Merlin used one of their plates in a build stream (actually, a rebuild of his XENO).

1 Like

did a little trade deal with one of my designer friends, I hope he enjoys his mail day as much as I did mine,

I present, The Locus

This board is by Soft, a 40% keyboard designer.
its an alice-like, with a 7 degree typing angle and a top mount FR4 plate,
featuring the AI03 daughterboard, and built with ktt grapefruits and IFK red on white.

24 Likes

OH MY. What a beaut. So frosty.

2 Likes

Love the Locus. More symmetrical than the Prime-E and with a more aggressive split at the “W” and “P.”

1 Like

this, the combination of the more aggressive angle on the alphas as well as the aggressive typing angle makes locus feel way more “ergo” than the prime_e, as well as sounding and feeling a lot better than the prime_elise, even the PC one, which was ultimately the reason that I sold both of my prime_elise’s

1 Like

Such a beauty!

1 Like

Norbauer Keychain

Norbaforce-ception. Lovely little piece.

16 Likes

Grabbed the new iPad Mini as well.

9 Likes

J01 came today! So fast!

16 Likes

came today! So fast!

Story of my life…

7 Likes

oh snap!

1 Like