What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

They are all sort of zinc alloys, some can contain lead.

1 Like

The adhesive iron weights are quite affordable where I live, under $5 for a set of 40 pcs (300g). They do a pretty good job in making a keyboard feel more substantially weighted, but I don’t think they make a cheap case feel more “premium” since the case itself remains untransformed

2 Likes

6 Likes

A relatively lorge bottle of good ol’ 106.

Only a week and a half late - barely a blink in this hobby. Now… time for some brushie brushie

6 Likes

Brass Planck plate from Sendcutsend, ordered on the 4th. That was quick!

9 Likes

Midnight Jade switches from NovelKeys. They were the only PCB mount Kailh box clickies I could find in stock anywhere. They were discounted but I could only buy 70 when I wanted only 20.

If anybody wants some I have 50 of these lol

8 Likes

Let’s see if I can turn my Norbaforce wireless with an internal mod!

15 Likes

TTC ACE linears - ordered these quite a while back. They feel very smooth, a bit like a heavier Gold Pink. Feels like they might have better tolerances.

Reymo badge on the side

5 Likes

Finally got my Momoka Frogs in from Dorp today, only like almost 3 months late… I basically forgot I ordered these TBH. First impressions are very positive for me with these. Super smooth out of the box, factory lube job is very light & very consistent, housing tolerances are great, springs are super quiet & consistent, the stem wobble is the only thing that I wasn’t hugely impressed with honestly. Even there though it is well within the acceptable range, just a little more wobble than I expected from a box style stem.

Threw some in my Instant60 & put a quick build together to try them out. The typing feel is excellent & the sound is pretty decent stock IMO. Of course I’ll properly lube & possibly film them before I put them in a build permanently, but these are a switch I’d say could easily be used stock without any drawbacks if you choose to do so. Still gotta get some time in with them to form a better opinion, but so far I am highly impressed with these!

13 Likes

Yeah. Sounds like a great project. Good luck and please keep us updated :smiley:

1 Like

Fnatic Streak65 with Fnatic Speed Switches (Looks like a modified version of the Kailh Choc V2 Red). I bought it as soon as I heard it had Choc V2 switches since I haven’t seen a mass-produced keyboard with them.

Initial thoughts: It’s a little disappointing though. It feels quite close to the Cherry MX LP Red, so isn’t really all that smooth. It also on the inconsistent side with some switches having a very small ‘tactile bump’ right before actuation (not really noticeable when typing fast, only when keys are slowly pressed).

10 Likes

finally got my ktt kang whites and jwk black v2’s in the mail. also an actual switch. i’m reallly liking the black jwk so far. they seem to be a bit less high pitched than clear top housing jwicks,. might give the ktts a try later as well. also apologies for the bad pic, i was too lazy to set up something more fancy.

8 Likes

Took at shot on some Akko Double Shot PBT caps.

My plan was to supplement these with ePBT Blank Pink in order to create a sudo GMK Blink (a gb that never happened). Surprisingly, even thought it wasn’t listed, I received some pink alphas too.

For 60$, the value is pretty nice. Nice caps, nice tray, nice box. The only con is that for some keys, the legends are a little wonky. It was for this reason, I still used a few ePBT blank pinks as accents.

Check it out!

ePBT blank pink vs. Big Backspace (Note that in the image above that the pink key’s legend is even larger than the black version of Backspace :confounded: )

ePBT and under carriage

End result (I think it is a pretty good pseudo GMK Black Pink. I even came out under GMK. 60$ for Akko + 40$ for ePBT :face_with_monocle: )

12 Likes

I picked these Midnight Jade switches up a few weeks ago when I realized they were 50% off and I’ve been surprised by how much I love them. The tactility on these is so amazingly crisp and the sound (while probably annoying to anyone in a 50 foot radius) is super fun.

4 Likes

Yes, they are recoloured BOX Jades, and Jades are probably the most popular of the BOX clickies. Although BOX Navy is pretty popular, as well.

I had always just dismissed them as being too loud, but I couldn’t resist them when they were $23 for 70 switches. Tried them on a whim and really glad I did! The hype is real.

1 Like

Drop OLKB Planck Hi-Pro kit with Zilent v2 67g switches and Leaf Cutter Labs bigKNOB macropad:

10 Likes

A wooden tofu.

I so hope they implement this stand-off layout for the other materials.

19 Likes

With equal parts shock, surprise, and satisfaction the DSA Nineteenthirty base kit arrived today and it’s… great. I’m legitimately happy with this.

The etching, which I was honestly a little dubious would happen give a really cool effect added to the two part printing job on the caps.

I’m going to put it on my Work keyboard as soon as I’m done “working”.

15 Likes

I’m a sucker for wooden cases and that one looks very nice. I sure don’t need another tray mount, but the removed standoffs are center and bottom could talk me into it. Ha.

4 Likes