What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Like Steven with a ph

You can pronounce it as if it’s actually Cyrillic. Mattzo

1 Like

Fun fact. I can read Cyrillic. Don’t understand anything I’m reading, but I know the alphabet and can read it fairly decently for someone that has no idea what he’s doing.

2 Likes

That’s interesting! I was actually watching a guy on YouTube this week that has the same skill with the same limitation. He’s into the “creepy / comfy” aesthetic and was checking out some Eastern European themed exploration maps for Garry’s Mod - he came across some Cyrillic signage and mentioned he could read the word phonetically, but not know its meaning.

Yeah, lmao. Kind of a useless skill but it’s fun. I can sing karaoke in Cyrillic if its slow enough. I learned the alphabet on a 3 hour plane ride using flash cards and stuff.

2 Likes

Okay, you’ve all earned some more photos of the MT3.

It’s just the 3277/Turquoise Accent Kit that I bought to use with my existing BoW / WoB sets.

It’s nice. Easily the nicest MT3 ABS I’ve ever laid hands on. Smooth, mottled texture like good GMK or DCS.

Lends credence to the theory that the nicer MT3 sets are the whose preorders are personally overseen by Matt30. Susuwatari being another one.* There tends to be better colour-matching and QC in the finer details. In this case, I’d say better surface-texture as well.

[I’m still kicking myself for not buying Susuwatari R1, as backers essentially got that one for free! I’m not all that fond of the colourway, but for like $0, sure, slap it on a Leopold fullsize with Ergo Clears].

Yeah, the box is amazing. If I had known it would look like an IBM product, it would have encouraged me to buy more kits, perhaps the entire set.

I forget how Matt30 is supposed to be pronounced, I think he addressed it in a blog or forum.

14 Likes

Quite a stash there. Finding and buying used goods is a patience/skill/luck combo I lack.

I haven’t converted it yet, but the original purpose of the switch was to toggle between all-uppercase and mixed case character display on the host terminal.

1 Like

Both InvoKeys and RingerKeys shipped these remarkably fast considering I only ordered them this weekend.

7 Likes

I’d take a whole set in that color. Or just mods would be good too.

1 Like

It’s a good day. Nixdorks, and a combination of Hyperglide Blacks, diamond paste, and toothpaste. I swear I’m going somewhere with this :thinking:

11 Likes

Will report back when I get a chance to mess with them!

13 Likes

Staebies still sounds like a disease to me…

11 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

When you get staebies do you feel Swayze?

Probably my most ambitious undertaking to date and definitely the cutest switch bag of all time: some quite dirty vintage Blacks. My first mission is to ultrasonically clean them and then get to the task of removing the leftover solder from the pins. That’ll be a new adventure for me so any guidance or suggestions are appreciated! I’m in the MX Black rabbit hole. I’m getting in deep.

8 Likes

I just got a shipment from TKC for two new deskmats and the IFK CMYK mod kit :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Is your intention to use them in hotswap boards? If not, I wouldn’t bother with removing the solder as it will reflow when you solder them into the build. If you absolutely do need to remove the solder, I would think a solder wick might be the best tool – maybe push the switches into a PCB where the legs can hold them in place.

Gotta take an iron to them and get them smoothed out :smiley:

2 Likes

Remember when TKC said that this issue would be fixed going forward? My trust level is so low at this point it’s more playing limbo than being in limbo.

3 Likes