What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

The likely application will eventually be a millmaxed board so I’m wanting to remove as much solder as possible. Right now, my thought process is ultrasonic cleaning > solder removal > pin straightening > lubing and filming. The solder wick is definitely something I’m thinking about, my concern is just having enough hands to press the wick against the pins. My hope was that a tinned iron tip would be able to remove most of it but I haven’t done this before so it’s theoretical right now.

FR4 plates for H87a, one ALPS and one MX, from Hineybush.

6 Likes

Removing the excess solder from the pins is actually pretty easy. All I do is take a hot, clean, tinned soldering iron & just run the tip down the legs. The solder should flow down with the tip & come off with it at the bottom. Since these are vint blacks the solder used should still be leaded so right around 300C should be the sweet temp.

3 Likes

Thank you so much! I’ve got about 30 cleaned so far and I’ll give this a go tomorrow.

1 Like

She came in today. The dark gray is stunning – I have a pretty hard point of light shining on it in this pic, but in person it is really dark and rich. I’m really impressed with the flawless anno as well. I’m hoping to have time to solder her up this weekend.

12 Likes

20 Likes

Some totally rad Special Edition Holo Stickers from CNTRLKEYS

@Seo_bun made them!

6 Likes

Nice, ordered a set just now based on how cool that looks. Got one each of the Kiwi and Boba U4 stickers too.

1 Like

Awesome to hear you got it & are happy with it man! Yeah I was pretty impressed with the e-white finish on mine also. Although even with the hard light on it your pic has me second guessing my color choice LOL! Can’t wait to see it all built up!

1 Like

Here to join the Meridian party that Rob27Shred started :joy: This beauty came in today for me as well! Also, new monitor light bar for the new UW curved monitor.

11 Likes

She’s a beaut! What are you thinking for the build?

Misprinted Yuru Nighscape deskmat and, finally, feker airy linears. They are the old version before Feker switches were made by Huano. Still, as of yet, unknown manufacturer just like their panda v1 ahd miami v1. oddly enough, those Airy molds match the molds of that unknown “raspberry panda” set that i have. would be interesting to find out who made them.

7 Likes

4 Likes

The packaging itself is nothing special but I’m incredibly hyped to have received my DCS Delftware set! It wasn’t the first keycap GB I joined but so far it’s the only GB set that I’ve actually received. Cannot wait to get it on a board.

10 Likes

That is some amazingly short dye sub work. Great set!

Singa! Need to figure out a keyset for it now :thinking:

13 Likes

I’m thinking my old v1 Gat Ink Blacks. Had a really hard time choosing last night, but I settled on those haha. How about you?

3 Likes

Nice, those will be great.

V2 Tangies with TX 67g short springs. The main deciding factor was that I already had them lubed in a hotswap board, lol.

1 Like

Lol, same deal here. Contemplated putting some JWICK Yellows, but haven’t gotten around to lubing them yet. Sort of wishing there was a hotswap PCB. Might try my hand at mil-maxing in the future… doesn’t seem too hard??

3 Likes

Yeah, with the way everything is going right now I was pretty shocked (and glad) that it actually managed to deliver a little bit early. I haven’t examined every single cap but from what I have looked at everything looks clean, sharp, and consistent. I’m definitely happy with it!

1 Like