What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Night Runner definitely jumped up in my head, but also GMK Awaken could probably look great?

GMK Awaken product shot

EDIT: Or possibly MT3 Cyber?

8 Likes

Not today, but yesterday I got my Black Friday order from Omnitype in! Ended up getting an extra deskpad as my mystery gift LOL! Still very cool sale though & I did get a good mat for my free one. I grabbed a Dark Skulls mat, Dualshot Circles mat, & 2 - 3 packs of the storage bins. Then got the Brushworks Zandaka alt. pad as my gift. The bins are pretty lit, wish I would’ve grabbed more now but I wanted to see their quality before buying a shit ton of them. They hold up to 240 switches max, not to bad for my needs. Haven’t tried keycaps in them & most likely won’t I like to store my caps in some type of tray or box where they are all laid out. Caps in bags or bins sends my OCD reeling
 :no_mouth: :rofl:

12 Likes

The Rebult Harimau switches I ordered from ThocKeys arrived! I have a new PCB coming in soon that I’ll be using for a full build, but initial impressions are good.

7 Likes

And I am those who are outside Malaysia and a country that does not have any express delivery. Another week to wait when Fedex will receive and then a month when it arrives.
But I took both types.

TTC ACE Switch

10 Likes

I was a little jealous of all the people who ordered directly from Rebult because they were all getting their switches before mine had shipped from ThocKeys. Then I realized I was lucky because the Rebult international orders were running into issues.

1 Like

31 Likes

Mint Choc Chip switches arrived today from Protozoa Studio.

Going to give these a whirl tomorrow. Loving the look of them.

9 Likes

Got a pretty decent mail day today. The penyu and harimau switches, the new TKC marble soda switches, a bunch of vintage switches from vintkeys and my energy drinks cause god knows I need caffeine

5 Likes

Let us know what you think about the marble soda switches if you get a chance

3 Likes

(≄U≀)

12 Likes

My second batch of Trash Pandas from NovelKeys. Unpacked them before I decided to post here so it features my switch storage container.

8 Likes

Not my post, but I did get a batch of the Melons in myself. Very smooth switches. It has the typical nylon housing sound where you get a deepness/fullness plus a healthy clack. They don’t seem to be the clack monsters that I was expecting given sp star’s rep (the OG switches in recordings sound more like what I was expecting). Here is a video that does a good bit of sound comparison between several switches.

1 Like

I’m hesitant since I own some sp star nana switches that are also all nylon. And those switches are not very good. Normal wobble, slight scratch, bind when pressing on top edge of keycap. Fairly close to Cherry feel but with less compatibility bc the tops are quite tight fitting to stems like boba.

Hmm
 should I take the chance that these are using different molds?

1 Like

I didn’t notice the binding issue in my testing until you mentioned it. They do in fact have almost a nk cream slip stick feeling when pressing off axis on the very top corners of the cap (stock switch at least – lube may alleviate this issue). I would wager that they would elicit the same experience for you as the nana switches then. I don’t know that this would bother me much in normal use, and I quite like them so far.

3 Likes

ok, I finally got around to putting NR on the Grail:

snuck a Pulse 6u spacebar in and it matches ok

21 Likes

1 Like

Primus arrived a week early. Love a good mail surprise.

13 Likes

NK_ BFCM mail day!

My mystery switches were Ink Blues, which I’m actually super happy about because they’re good for tactile frankens but not normally cost-effective.

Got some 5-pin YOK folk, Cream Tactiles, a big-ass linear, and some stabs.

Not pictured: $5 MT3 WoB

11 Likes

Been a bit, eh? Finally got my hands on something that piqued my interests a while back and seems even more interesting in this, the month in which Zeal might—finally, maybe, possibly, hopefully—release his Clickiez:

ProWorld Clicky
These unassuming switches bely a fun secret: their internals use an alps-style mechanism to produce their click rather than an MX-style mechanism!

Hopefully having these in hand will give me some more interesting things to say about the Clickiez, but for now they’ve simply made me a very happy collector :blush:

17 Likes