What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

One more step into the rabbit hole…

15 Likes

Been a stressful week so far juggling moving out and studying for finals. Got the Sat75 in today and I can’t wait for it to be my first build at my new apartment! Seaweed Green too goooood

20 Likes

MT3 Bleached - first time with the profile, hoping it’ll be something enjoyable :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Let us know what you think! I’ve been curious about other profiles (MT3 in particular) but I’m hesitant to buy a set just to try them out.

I’m in the same boat as you - I’ve been wanting to try out MT3 for the longest time. I skipped the BOGO sale that happened (twice!) since I wanted the PBT keycaps.

I went for MT3 Bleached (blanks) for a few reasons:

• they were the cheapest PBT kit available
  • it comes with both sculped and flat bottom rows
  • it doesn’t have legends - which I’ve heard were quite inconsistent for the PBT keycaps

My initial impressions is that they’re nice to type with. The deep dishes do “hug” your fingers pretty well, and I find it easy to touch type (well, especially the case with blanks). The homing keys are much more recessed than the regular keys - the difference is more pronounced than DSA keycaps and their equivalent homing keys.

In terms of sound, they do give a deeper and fuller sound as most high profile keycaps do. I don’t have any SA keycaps with me at the moment, but if my memory serves me right, SA felt that bit deeper in sound compared to MT3.

Here’s a Row 3 comparison with Cherry - significantly taller!

7 Likes

Thanks for your insight. Do you use a wrist rest?

I don’t use a wrist rest - pretty used to tall front heights of a keyboard. For reference, here’s a shot of the front height with sculpted bottom row (the board has a 8-degree angle)

4 Likes

Picked up a few sets of NovelKeys Screw in Stabs on Black Friday sale. Looks pretty although won’t know how they’re until a build.

7 Likes

I confirm your words. I bought 120 pieces of nana. After lubrication, there are only 42 workers. All the rest are jammed by the stem stroke. They have become tactile, so to speak.

2 Likes

Raspberry PI pico boards, 3 of them because they are darn cheap.
I want to play with Micro Python/Circuit Python like @deshipu is used to do.
Also the RP2040 mcu is a very interesting beast: less than 1€, dual core, PIO feature looks to be very promising, and we may hope to be supported by ChibiOs and QMK in the near future.

10 Likes

I have to lube my Melons to test (phrasing?), but I don’t think they are not exhibiting issues to this extreme (in fact, in normal use, I don’t notice any issues).

2 Likes

Thank you so much for this! It looks like Dorp has reduced the Extended 2048 Alphas and I have a $10 credit with them so that + the Modifiers may be my reasonably-priced entry.

1 Like

Got some 5mm OD silicone O-rings for burger mounting some of my boards & also grabbed some more tips for my desoldering iron along with them. I got the O-rings particularly for trying a burger mount on my Meridian, which I am using like that right now. Can’t say it does much in this case, but be it placebo or real it does feel ever so slightly softer & it did shift the sound a little lower. So I’m gonna keep it like this for now.

8 Likes

From Kono:

• Speed Bronze clickies (got the right ones this time!)

From modDIY:

• Some 4mm M2 screws (typical for keeb cases) that I don’t quite remember ordering. I know I got them for a specific reason, but it must not be burger mounting because I would have gone for 5 or 6mm… ah the joys of tracing back one’s own logic over poor memory. :upside_down_face:

From Dangkeebs:

• Mallo tactiles
  • Mallo sticker
  • Bonus candycane
  • Someone there must know I love their stickers because I got a whole holiday trio! I especially like the Switch Witch.
9 Likes

Got my first GMK Set in… GMK Yuru but not sure yet if I want to keep it tbh. Gonna mull it over a bit.

15 Likes

I received my Tangerines and a bag of heavy springs today, both for my theme build I mentioned earlier.

9 Likes

Yuru is a beautiful set. If you choose to let it go, hit me up. I regret not jumping on board the GB.

I still haven’t unwrapped but I’ll hit you up if I decide to let it go.
I should probably open it up to look at the actual keycaps lol… For whatever reason I’m having some anxiety about opening it up.

1 Like

Finally caved & grabbed a set of DCS Sleeper, it came in today. Been wanting a OGish looking set with high compatibility forever. Was a little hesitant on grabbing this as I had heard quite a few people got sets with missing keys, thankfully mine was all good. The alpha colored tilde has a black bleed through on the left side of the cap so I’m gonna see if Dorp will replace that key. Other than that though I am very happy with the set! Putting DCS Toxic back on my 8X really got me wanting more DCS sets. For me there is definitely a place for thinner high quality caps like DCS. They can give a board a totally different sound compare to GMK.

18 Likes

With recent GMK sets having missing or duplicate keys, this isn’t a bad idea either.

1 Like