What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Gazzew Boba LT switches from 3DKeebs - thought it might be fun to compare these with the *nixdorks.

10 Likes

I feel like we should finally make an LT thread, or add it to Easing into Linears. Because these are really great switches once they’re tuned, and from what I gather, not many people (even streamers) have tried them yet (though lots of people do have them in hand).

1 Like

Kinetic Labs | Penguin Switches

My first Tactile switches. They’ll go in my Rama M65-C when it gets here.

10 Likes

Apple Desktop Bus keyboard with Alps Orange. It may look alright, but the switches are extremely dirty, scratchy and bind when pressed! Possibly the worst Alps board I own.

I guess I gotta bust out the ultrasonic cleaner to fix this.

11 Likes

KBD67 Rev2 PCB + sticker from Dangkeebs
Translucent Pandas in a very nice ziplock bag from bolsasupply.

BFCM purchases have all been delivered. Now to decide on keycaps…

8 Likes

Not really “received” by me, but it’s been received by my proxy for awhile now (Superbuy as the watermark indicates). It’s not shipping out for another 3-5 months though…but that’s cause I have to stagger my shipments in waves lest I get “caught out” by my local customs.

SA Dreameater…lovingly and neurotically built from a god knows how many SP grab bags (the caps lock with the filled in P is the only issue afaik). Friend from China’s got a bit of an OCD personality so he religiously enjoys building sets and organizing SP grab bags to sell in his free time. Bought this one off him. He was kind enough to throw in an “Evil Box” from kprepublic.

Sadly, he wouldn’t part with the [super special] miscolored GB only Game Cartridge novelty. Instead of being the purpley black color, it was that bluish-green color. More miscolored novelties exist too…like an SA vilebloom blue-on-red pokeball novelty.

11 Likes

After having a shitty November, I decided to treat myself to a hotswap board for testing and comparing switches - i bought the ISO GMMK PRO from CandyKeys - David is a mate of mine who actually drove it down on his way to family for Christmas (thank you David)! Here’s my rudimentary shot after mounting it with 67g zealio redux and geekark 9009.

Oh, and merry Christmas everybody!

10 Likes

:warning:

9 Likes

Well, I know what I’m doing today. :3

11 Likes

Moar stuff!

• More TTC Wilds
  • Mystery Switches: Blueberries!
  • Cassette Tape: Braindance by Ursula’s Cartridges

I was hoping to get my hands on some Blueberries at some point, mostly for the curious novelty of them.

Wilds are just really solid linears.

Braindance is one of my new favorite albums, and this bright green cassette tape is probably the most hipster object I own. I love the whole thing, but this is probably my favorite track from it:

12 Likes

I know, right! I had a feeling about the spacebars…

Had I known they were including a free plastic RAMA [and the promotional material was big on the RAMAs], I would have put the RAMA money into the spacebars.

All I really wanted was a RAMA with the pattern of that plastic key.

I don’t really need the spacebars now, as I think a bright teal spacebar would look a little garish on a TKL. But if I ever used it for a 65-75% it could be invaluable. [Already, the set looks amazing with transparent charcoal cases, and moreso using the teal spacebar on ~65% sized.]

1 Like

New stickers for the jar collection;

17 Likes

I did not know about those Heisenbergs switches :eyes:

1 Like

Ye, they’re one of my favorite frankens.

1 Like

GATERON CJ Switch Linear

The 10 switches in the experience pack include:
Contains 2 CJ switches(45g/50g)

Gateron Pro Silver/ Pro Red/ Pro Yellow/ Pro White

Gateron Cap Milky Brown/ Cap Milky Yellow/ Cap Golden Brown/ Cap Golden Yellow

7 Likes

6 Likes

This is of course super cool. I followed the topic on the geekhack, then bought the GB on the very first day of the start, both types of them at once. I decided to buy Rebult Keyboards on the original website. And I will be the last person on the planet to receive them. Whoever buys them now will receive them earlier than me.
They sent me by express and express delivery has not been working in my country since 2016. Well, OK. While the parcel was still in Malaysia, Kong canceled, but the delivery all early for some reason brought it to my country where it was lying at customs and then went back. Since then, there has been just silence. This year I will not receive it for sure, and in January, even if they send me again, the parcel will travel for a month.

1 Like

Blizzardmods Hipro from the man himself. Randomly found him selling a black set on r/mm a month ago.

These feel fantastic.

15 Likes

How are the Corals? Do they hold onto caps reliably?

That’s so effin clean af. Wowzers!