What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

A silly 2x2 40% discord keycap from Kiser Designs to make my small boards have even fewer keys :heart_eyes_cat:

15 Likes

replacement of marriage. Wuku sent even without notice. I bought from Hex. wrote to Hex that the marriage made a video show. he said ok and that’s it. silence. and then I received a notification from the mail that there was a package for me. was unexpected. and nice.

For collection and mini tests.

WS Onion Switch

• Top Housing: PC
  • Bottom Housing: Nylon
  • Stem: Pom
  • Spring: Wuque Studio WS CL635 Gold Plated Stainless Spring
  • Spring Weight: 63.5g
  • Manufactured by JWK
  • Factory Lube

PANGHU SWITCHES

Blue/Giant V5
Linear
UHMWPE stem
UHMWPE milky top
Nylon Bottom
16mm 63.5g gold plated springs
PCB Mount
5-Pin
Manufactured by Tecsee
Pink/Giant Switch
Special edition of Giant V5 in collaboration with DMK Gift
UHMWPE stem
PME top
Nylon Bottom
16mm 63.5g gold plated springs
PCB Mount
5-Pin
Manufactured by Tecsee

TUNGSTEN SWITCHES

Details
Made by JWK
Linear
Long POM stem
No factory lube
63g bottom-out force
Nylon PA6 top
Nylon PA66 bottom
JWK gold-plated stainless-steel spring

GATERON X LINEAR

Details
Nylon-blend top, nylon bottom, POM stem
50g actuation, 65g bottom out, stainless steel spring
Not factory lubed

Akko x TTC Princess Switch (10pcs)

this is the prize. I won on aliexpress there is a heading “almost for nothing”
Снимок экрана 2022-01-04 121034

11 Likes

WS Onion Switch

Akko x TTC Princess

Pink/Giant Switch
Special edition of Giant V5 in collaboration with DMK Gift
Tecsee OREO

GATERON X LINEAR

TUNGSTEN SWITCHES

• :slightly_smiling_face:*
    I had to order a 104-slot acrylic tester. since there is already not enough space for switches from the collection.
14 Likes

I really should start a switch collection

1 Like

You could do that. Or you could just order a few dozen keyboards to hold the switches. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I’ve only been in this hobby for a year. I am still far from you. If switches are still easy to store. The amount that I buy does not take up much space. A lot of space is occupied by storage separately lubricated, and separately still stock.
But storing keycaps is, of course, stressful.
I have 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 4 + 1 sets. Various profiles and manufacturers.

In my profile there is a picture of a plate from ikki on which I store my collection of switches. I ordered a new acrylic for 104 because too many new ones have already arrived. The second plate is nearby. But it’s not so pretty. Better one big one.

I also like collecting stabilizers)

3 Likes

Gazzew LT 65g switches. Definitely add this to a contender for best stock switch available. Love the thocky sound, decently smooth, and very low wobble. I like these more than the nixdork version for sure. Stock spring is okay, but I would probably swap it out for something a little more loaded on the front end. Feels good when typing, single press feels on the light side to me at the top.

10 Likes

I got the switch holders I ordered to be 3d printed delivered today and the quality is just… (I think this gif fits perfectly)

3 Likes

This is just the first four that I grabbed

3 Likes

Oh wow, someone clearly prioritized speed over quality. Looks like they even used a 1mm+ nozzle to print that.

That size nozzle is not going to navigate detail well at all as evidenced by your pictures, but that top layer (the bottom side of the board) is especially awful. I don’t even know what you’d have to turn off to make it look that bad.

1 Like

Yea, i didnt send all the pictures i took cause out of the 23 i ordered maybe 2 are good enough quality on the side you actually see. I’m definetly gonna try to get a refund and either use that money to go with someone else or just get the holders from flashquark

2 Likes

Kono Midnight switches; 5-pin

Perhaps an internal or prototype version of this switch, these have no name-plate and 5 pins. As far as I’m aware, they’re otherwise the same.

Kono offered to send me these (and a tshirt) after I returned a keyset they accidentally sent me two copies of. I was all too happy to take them - I love collecting switches in general, and ones that are hard to find or in some way obscure are all the more fun to me.

These are interesting!

They have zero pre-travel with the bump right up top; firm without being too stiff. The bump feels tall and you clear it quickly, but I wouldn’t call it sharp. Just in terms of the force curve, it reminds me a bit of heavy domes - but unlike other switches I’d say that about, these have no dampening and have plenty of clack.

I imagine it would be difficult not to bottom-out with these - once you build up enough force to break through the bump, you’ve got enough to bottom-out, too. Still, the bump crest seems to come fairly early in the travel, so there’s more post-bump space to work with than Holy Pandas, for example, and Midnights don’t slam down hard like HPs and other Holy-whatevers tend to.

What impresses me about these just trying them in-hand is how clean the travel feels for being such a punchy tactile. There are plenty of stronk tactiles out there - but a bump like this usually comes with significant leaf and/or spring noise - not so much with this one. There’s a tiny bit, but I can only hear it when they’re close enough to my eardrum to audition for hearing protection.

First impressions TL;DR: these are really neat, surprisingly tight, punchy top-bump tactiles that I look forward to installing in a board.

Update: put some in a board. First impression is that they are SNAPPY! Snappy and clean - a combo I really appreciate. In a board these resemble domes a lot less than loose in my hands - maybe the tactile event in isolation - but these are definitely clacky bois. In the garden of high-tactiles, this one is more refined than most when it comes to how clean they feel all around. Travel, bump, bottom and top-out; all crisp and clean. Loving it!

Also in the mail today: an absurd amount of assorted mochi as a housewarming gift to myself.

14 Likes

Excited for kbdfans mailday. Black alu plate for a future build and to compare sounds between materials. also some of the new silicone standoff covers to replace the bottom o-rings when burger mounting. these will hopefully make it so much easier. i hate how the tiny o-rings just keep sliding and falling off the screw posts when assembling. hopefully those fix that problem. they aren’t as ‘thick’ as o-rings would be, so i’m not sure how much “flex/bounce” you would get out of them, but still better than hardmounting on metal standoffs, i guess. and also some 58g “dyboox” springs.

6 Likes

Mail day today, got my mystery switches, royals which is alright but was hoping for wilds or inks, and I got some wilds 55g and some deskey films.

7 Likes

Hey, I got ink blues… technically an “ink” :wink:

3 Likes

Good for frankens at least!

1 Like

Ye, I would love to try the Heisenberg’s!

2 Likes

Halo or Polia stems in those make for some very snappy, smooth tactiles with lots of deep clax.

2 Likes

Good to know, but I traded them for some tealio housings… Waiting for them to arrive :pensive:

Edit: Should have kept them…

worstdealever

2 Likes

Man the wilds are so smooth from factory. Are they prepubed?

2 Likes