What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

The lighting in my office in the evening really is atrocious. ANYWHO…

A couple fun arrivals! I’ve temporarily put aside my apparent addiction to Prophets and picked up…another keyboard with a P-name. And a third Had60 PCB. Yes, I have a problem. No, I don’t care. This Polaris is currently built with Gateron Blacks which I don’t think are for me anymore but that’s a conversation for a different thread. However, it also came with a couple spare PCBs so I’ll be getting those Mill-Maxed and then I’m looking forward to trying out other switches in it. I think once I’m able to try out other switches I’ll be able to form a more solid opinion about the board itself.

The Had60 is for my other Prophet, seeing as the stock PCB doesn’t support 3305s (but does support 0305s and 7305s, confusingly). It’ll also be Mill-Maxed and see use in Prophet #1, which currently only has a soldered PCB.

9 Likes

The Sagittarius :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

21 Likes

Got my space cadet R5 true cadet kit today so I could make this beauty:

More on my Instagram Post

29 Likes

7 Likes

Akko’s packaging never fails to impress me. Let us know how those Jelly Blacks feel!

sure thing, I’m putting them in a KBD67 lite for my sister!

Ye, but at the same time a waste of resources. :no_mouth:

First set of doubleshot VSA profile keycaps i’ve come across so i just had to get it. Legends seem to be decent, i guess. Thickness is also pretty good, not the best, but still good. They are said to be PBT and they do have that texture that’s a bit more smooth than typical ABS so that could be true. Haven’t had a chance to mount them on a board yet, though.

9 Likes

Finally received the Gateron Cap v2 switches I’ve won, I think I got the wrong kind of switches…

Do I even reach out for something I’ve won? how does this even happen haha

10 Likes

I mean, that was one heck of a switch.

rimshot

2 Likes

LMAO. Holy $#@! that’s so random. I hope you have a pooch or maybe they’d made some interesting screw trays for all the bits and pieces you’d ever own.

1 Like

Dog-Bowl Effect switches.

Ok, maybe even a bit more random.

The mods are a bit on the peachy side versus any shade of brown. I sort of picked up this set because of these two legends. The @ symbol looked neat being half bold. On the plus side, it shipped with some of the straightest spacebars I’ve ever encountered.

8 Likes

Seeing that you have this set, do you think it would look good on a white keyboard, a tkl to be exact? I have an e8.5 tkl coming but i dont have a keycap set for it.

Don’t have a dog in my house but I do know someone with couple, the 4 bowls might serve him better than being a tray for screws.

I Wonder if someone have won dog bowls and got switches instead, scratching his head wondering what exactly did he get.

1 Like

Oh for sure. I planned on putting these on their white FreeBird TKL currently in pre-order – maybe with Equalz stabs in that coffee color.

Good to know, think i might pull the trigger on that.

• @Den-Fi’s Anubis tactiles have arrived, destined for some tuning

• Tecsee Coral tactiles from Stupid Bullets Tech; not pictured: complimentary Starburst candy I already ate

I believe these Corals are the first Nylon-stemmed in my collection; looking forward to fiddling around with those. With the PME bottom housing, these have a pretty high-pitched crispy clack in the hand.

A little bon-bon goes a long way, but I like the “+1” on the bag even more. I always take positive note of the vendors who sometimes throw-in an extra switch or two - all the better if they make a habit of it.

Sometimes that one extra switch lets me do some science on the side, makes-up for the rare bad switch, rounds-out a build with another slot or two I hadn’t planned for, or even facilitates a tester for a curious customer.

12 Likes

Makes me think of a Baker’s Dozen

1 Like

This Type-C cable that has a power delivery readout. Fascinating to see how smart some of these devices are about charging and how much the power fluctuates.

As much as I love keebs, Forza Horizon 5 was virtually unplayable, so I bought a controller.

19 Likes