What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Basically; smol bonk → lorge bonk. It’s a series of ever-larger clubs, to represent the percussive effect of these switches. 60g click is like bonking an undead with a heavy bat. 100g tactile is like bonking an undead with the fat end of a literal fossilized dragon tooth that’s as tall as a person.

I think so? Seemed like that kinda thing. I’ve been hung-up on stroopwafels lately, though…

Not all this came today, but close enough:

• Cherry Hyperglide Black switches* complete with sticker from zsa.io@Andreas this is also where the gravestone / skull / switch one from a few days ago came from.

• Finally got some Alpacas - finally got to put @Seo_bun’s sticker on a jar. Most came from a trade (thanks again, @ajoflo) and a few more topped-off from PrimeKB.

• Totally serious and not at all silly sticker for the Matrix-01 linears from Redbubble.

*the Cherries were supposed to be PCB mount, and they’re plate mount. Just short of being worth the effort to send them back; I’ll use them on a 3-pin keeb. :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Beginning the journey into HHKB Topre. Wanted to test stock first. Waiting on deskeys sliders, rings, and domes next … then hopefully a transfer into a heavy grail when that ship comes in.

16 Likes

All of CRP R4 came… So I immediately put it on the CA66 that came the day before.

13 Likes

Last piece of the puzzle for my Hidari build finally came in. I still need the novelties but this will at least let me build the board.

7 Likes

Got me a new sleeve.

14 Likes

Never thought about getting Pearlios, but when I saw someone posted about them, I couldn’t resist… So here they are, Coffee Crisp and Pearlios.

6 Likes

They’re interesting switches, Gateron did a nice job with them.

I haven’t got any Oil Kings but the golden Cap v2 are nice for the price if you’re looking for a stock plug and play switch, they barely have any ping or crunch, but they have pretty major stick-slip feel towards the leaf side, and have loud high pitched bottom out.

Their factory lube is as good as JWK - meaning not so much, but aside for the stick-slip towards the north side they’re pretty smooth.

Overall it sounds like they’re bad but I quite like them, they remind me of factory lubed Durock Linears, but with a harsher bottom out and more stable travel.

With a proper factory lube they could have been top tier for their price (which drops frequently to around $13 per pack.

2 Likes

Some Pi based IP KVMs. Namely the TinyPilot Voyager 2 and the PiKVM.

11 Likes

what kinda stuff do you do on your servers? Is this for work or home? Nifty tools there. I don’t know a lot about it, but I have friends who no nothing but work with servers :slight_smile:

In terms of my homelab, I run a bunch of sites and services. All of my blogs and my forum are run from my lab. In general, it helps to keep your skills up to date and sharp.

4 Likes

Holy $#@! I need this. Thanks for sharing!

No prob! So many people have no idea these projects exist, so I try to share them even if they’re a tad off topic lol. Glad it helped you out.

3 Likes

I threw the link up in my work Teams chat and there’s now a unanimous and very spirited push to get it on the approved hardware list – like yesterday. Lol. Thanks again.

2 Likes

That combo looks incredible. May I ask what vendor you went through for CRP R4?

Yeah, this is pretty close to my experience with Gateron CAP Browns.

Factory lube is decent, not like hand-lubed, though. They’re ready-to-go out of the box, plug-and-play as you say. But they slam down pretty hard at the bottom.

So they haven’t really been able to replace regular Browns, for me.

• NK_ Charcoal
  • Some CAP Golden Yellows
  • Ferrari sticker (Tecsee Bolsa Corsas)
  • Matrix code sticker (TTC Matrix-01 Tactiles)
  • Starry Night sticker (Tecsee Blue Sky Stars)
11 Likes

Need a review on those NK_Charcoal

4 Likes

Forgot one of the stickers.

10 Likes

Oh hell yes! Didn’t even know this was in the mail, awesome surprise at the end of a long work day. I got the base & extension kit, well worth the wait for that R5 goodness! @LightningXI Thanks for running this, I’m super hyped to get this on some boards!

Edit: Threw it on my Meridian, such a classic set!

21 Likes