What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Oh, we can make it a Rama mug if you want. I’ve got plenty of decals not being used.

Build soundtrack

6 Likes

I see what you did there

3 Likes

I haven’t had any problems with stabs they include, just lube and clip them. I don’t know the Anubis switches, but I have been messing with some tactiles and the Box Jades.

Yeah, I don’t worry about that. I just set the LEDs to a single color and toggle them on/off as I want.

Now that’s the thing that you couldn’t get with the QMK version. It’s not wireless, wired only.

Today i got Gateron v2 stabs that i won from aliexpress freebies before they stopped doing those. Really impressed by them. Gave them a quick try on a test pcb with no lube or anything and they were almost perfect out of the box. Really nice so far.

10 Likes

Geekark BOW set.

The legends look sharper to me than the EnjoyPBT or CRP sets I owned. The legend boundaries on the latter two are somewhat blurry to my eyes, creating an effect similar to the feathering of fountain pen inks. This is very minimal on the Geekark set.

The texture is also very interesting. It’s probably the smoothest texture I’ve ever tried on keycaps.

For $55 I think this is very good value.

11 Likes

How do they sound compared to nicepbt?

Those legends do look really sharp. Beautiful set.

1 Like

I really enjoy my Geekark BoW set as well. It’s a good deal for a classic colorway. Did you get any of the accents? I ended up using the minty green one, but I like the muted color of the pale yellow and purple too.

1 Like

With what switches and keycaps did you test this with?

Also shame they stopped the freebies, got a lot of great keyboard related stuff from there.
Also can you link the store to get them?

Sorry I don’t have a NicePBT set so won’t be able to compare.

I also got the mint green accents, but they don’t work very well with the alien green NK65 case. I do like the color though. Will try them on another board some time.

Dark Gray Sequence from Parallel came in today. Looking forward to trying out the different plate materials I hadn’t before, Carbon Fiber and FR4, and playing around with switches without needing to deal with screws. This is my first kb with gaskets too :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I tried them with gateron oil kings and some aifei keycaps. No rattle, no scratch or binding and only very minimal ticking on one side. very good. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004100437746.html

2 Likes

Got the replacements for the Ruby switches from the other day, and the springs I was looking at on Cannon Keys:

So this is two projects for this weekend: (1) spring swap / lube a set of Akko Sponge switches and pop them into this Mengmoda keeb, and (2) build out another keeb with the Sapphire switches for comparison.

My first impression of the Sapphires: Not certain I like the initial resistance, but the middle tactile bump feels decent.

6 Likes

12 Likes

I got the azalea portal i ordered on my birthday and i think im gonna cry if it ever gets scratched

25 Likes

It’s beautiful! Truly don’t worry about scratches or dings. It will still be lovely. I own many keyboards. A few of my most precious have imperfections. I still love them and still think they’re worth every penny I paid. These objects are made to be used. :+1:

11 Likes

• Clearance Silks, Olivia color (really smooth)
  • FLCMMK Ice Mints (also smooth)
  • USBC daughter board for repair project
  • CIY GAS67 kit

I like the look of these. They’re all-POM Kailhs, but not really like Creams.

Couldn’t wait to build this one - and you know what? It’s good!

First impressions review coming in a day or two. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Both my Sequence and my Portal builds use TX stabs, they are amazing. Super easy to install, literally no rattle. I plan on picking up another couple of sets of them next time I see them, best stabs I’ve ever used.

4 Likes