What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

That’s a lovely color!!!

1 Like

Phankey La Muerte deskmat, La Ofrenda multi-color version.

Wouldn’t be DORP without a little bit of derp - these got mis-printed even though people pointed out the mistake in the samples. Still looks amazing, though - I’m definitely using this when GMK Mictlán comes around.

Until then…

ITSYABOI DEDAI WITH ANOTHER KEEB LYFE HACK:

Easy deskmat storage with shower curtain hooks.

11 Likes

Genius! I don’t have a ton of deskmats, but what i do have takes up way too much room on my caps/supplies rack. Think I’m gonna do this & put my pads in my closet.

1 Like

It’s here and it’s awesome! Even the box is perfect!

Better pics to come later. @Manofinterests @pixelpusher

25 Likes

Today i got the stems from that big listing on aliexpress. as i suspected, they are all LCET. sadly they don’t appear to be long pole, they are just normal length. They are also quite slim so they are kind of wobbly in most top housings, but they do fit really nicely in boba tops. I guess they would be nice in any combination instead of boba stems.
Also got Shenpo keycaps today. they seem to be “v2” really nice and sharp legends and the thickness of the sidewalls are also quite nice.

6 Likes

Good ol’ 205g0 from KeebsForAll, as with some Deskeys films. I mainly go to them for stuff because of the free and fast shipping but 2 weeks to get here… Took long enough :upside_down_face:

That shade of blue… mmhp thas pretty

5 Likes

Basic scale to weigh keebs with.

11 Likes

@chono topreme mail

hoping to have a second plate cut so I can make use of the 2u 0. Anyone else got spare HiPro keys for my top row?

10 Likes

How’s the blue spacebar and blank R4?

theyre good… ooh i might put that on my top row maybe.but now im having an ass time putting the top frame back on 23u

Weird question, but does the inside of the lube containers have a “lip”.
Where some of the lube can get trapped? Or is it a uniformed cylinder?

This indeed looks awesome.

Have you had a chance to try out their layout remapping tool? Does it support functions like QMK’s TG and OSL?

I always assumed layer toggle or fn lock is a basic functionality that remapping tools should support if they claim “full programmability”, and I was quite surprised to find out that the TENET 70 doesn’t seem to support that.

I have not tried the Vortexgear UI configuration tool. I prefer HHKB backspace, but I hate installing custom software to configure a board so I will just live with it for now.

The biggest mixed bag are the keycaps. They are OEM profile with somewhat of a deep scoop - so all the legends have a slight warping.

If you look at the original IBM PCjr keyboard, the keycaps have smaller, thicker legends. They also missed on including Red Escape.

Overall a nice homage, but I will be picking up some better keycaps for it soon.

8 Likes

I ordered a couple of those, and haven’t seen it yet. Wonder what’s going on with the orders…

EDIT: HAH - just checked and apparently my order is just about here. Supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

Got my first provision build in the mail today.

It’s called Fiskpinne (Fish stick) and is a 40ish keeb with full ISO, macro-row and nav-row.
Gonna be fun. :yum:

10 Likes

Hmmm. I dunno what you mean by that, but the bottom of the container from a previous order was flat. No lube was stuck there, but on the cap, where the lids screw together, have a little ditch where it might get “stuck”, like you said.

1 Like

Yeah that answers my question. Thanks.

1 Like

Alrighty, glad to help out!

1 Like

Not sure if this helps, but if you want less waste then Kinetic Labs sells 205g0 by the syringe. You need something to squeeze it out onto (they sell plastic flip-top dishes for that too) but personally I think it’s a good way to portion out lube, especially if you’re going for a light coat.

2 Likes

I like this idea. Much appreciated