What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

My QK60 was delivered!

…and built!

Specs:

• Clear Acrylic Top/Lavender Aluminum Bottom/ Gold Steel Weight
  • WKL w/split backspace
  • FR4 plate with no mid-plate foam
  • Wireless RGB PCB, no PE foam
  • Owl Labs stabilzer (lubed w/ G205g0)
  • KTT Roses (lubed w/G205g0 & G105g0)
  • Osume Mochi keycaps (dye-sub PBT)
12 Likes

Stepped Caps, Split Backspace w/ Split RS and Tsangan

Based layout :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I’ve been banned from getting anything else in the mail, because, ahem, this has accumulated while I’m away…

9 Likes

Also not quite keyboard related, finally got some fitting brake levers (had some Capagnolo that I got for free but with missing parts). Dropbar conversion finally done

Now I just have to decide if to ride fixie or SS

9 Likes

First switchoddities order and i only had to pay 7 euro import duty, yay EU… some defective/weird kailhs, meirun factory samples i wish i could get a full set of, aflion tropical water v1 i want to get a full set of now and TKC blackberry. I’m not sure how close the blackberries are to actual aristotles because i’ve been too lazy to compare them, but they feel and sound pretty nice so far.

8 Likes

Nice looking bike!

What does SS mean? Single speed?

What do you call those style of pedals? With that big comfy looking strap. I have been thinking about getting some of those for my road bike that is not getting much love. Thanks!

1 Like

Exactly, Single Speed :slight_smile: The Pedals are actually basic flat pedals (MTB) and the straps are Restrap Diagonal

2 Likes

Dangstuff!

• Jar-sized Blue Velvet sticker
  • Blue Velvet & Lychee coasters
  • JWICK Nylon blacks
  • Bonus Dia de los Muertos sticker

A closer look at that sticker.

These are for some experiments - and if they go well, a particular simple plan.

Like most (all?) budget JWICKs I’ve tried so far, these are surprisingly good for the price.

Yay, it fits! now I just need 20 more Blue Velvet tactiles

6 Likes

One thing to note, when lubing the JWICKS, make sure to lube the leafs and springs carefully as I’ve under-lubed them (or just my lubing method of slight brush on leafs) and most tick. I had to clean all of it off and had to start over, not fun.

Among other things, I picked up a set of Clear 2048 keycaps from KBDFans. I actually really like them --especially for $50. The glossy feel is pretty nice, even if they do attract fingerprints. Here they are on my Grid600. They’re kind of hard to photograph since depending on the angle you will either get reflections or have them be more transparent than they actually are in person.

This gives you a bit better idea of the shine (again, depends on the angle).

13 Likes

Very nice. Yup, biip at $50, fuggedaboutit. Are the sublegends decent? I read they’re UV printed with a protective coating and that’s a bit new to me.

I guess the sublegends are ok. I haven’t looked at them too closely

1 Like

My take from the CK mystery cap sale. On the left, Classic Beige with purple Hiragana. On the right, 407. I think between the two I prefer the beige, because of course I do but I’d also like to give the 407 a go.

9 Likes

The other day Apricot came in, and I’m pretty enamored.

14 Likes

Love the color

1 Like

What a cute board !

1 Like

GNAWB

10 Likes

Program it for F5 on raffle days

5 Likes

If it has tactility on the turns, make each bump an F5

One spin = 49 Reloads

5 Likes

No detents - but it does appear to have a sort of “d-pad” feature by way of switches in the base. Not totally sure how I feel about that yet - more functionality is generally good, but I feel like it kind of undermines the point of over-engineered bearings around the rotary encoder.

Speaking of bearings, the knob movement itself is smooth and stable.

3 Likes