What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

I wonder if my set is arriving today. Great combo there. I love the windowed buttons. I hope I remembered to add those.

2 Likes

Used lubed (and possibly filmed, can’t remember) Wuque Studio Mix’n’Match all POM Switches with Durock 2-stage Long Springs (62g)

These might actually redeem the Cozy75 that I have been struggling to make sound appealing :star_struck: they sound completely quite on their own, but in the board they are fairly low-pitched, quiet, but not silent and…round? Is that what marbly means? It’s just kind of, well, pleasant - not too much, not too little.

They are also very…pink…Seen here next to 21 not-working Aflion Blue Skys. Thank goodness it was a great local vendor who has sent me more than enough replacements (he didn’t want to test them himself…) that I will test on the weekend.

6 Likes

I love the look of those switches, in general I don’t care about the aesthetic look of switches but I have a [nonsense] theory in my head that opaque and soft/clean looking switches sound better, and those look really good.

4 Likes

The missing piece for my I68A

18 Likes

HSA WoB/BoW arrived today. It’s still missing a few keycaps that are allegedly coming in the future so it’s not a perfect match for an Ergo 60% (a Meridian) like I put it on but it still looks great in my opinion. The glossiness is something else!

11 Likes

Hey! A fellow chroma badge enjoyer!

7 Likes

Shiny! :sparkles:

Any comments on the profile or the manufacturing quality?

1 Like

I didn’t get a whole lot of time to type on them before I got pulled away but they felt very comfortable. Height-wise I’m guessing they’re right about the height of GMK caps in the middle rows (I should be able to take some pics tomorrow).

The finish is very nice and feels great to type on. The one thing I’ve noticed is that on some of the caps you can feel the legend-shot on the surface of the cap. I wouldn’t call it a problem but it is interesting you can feel it on some but not all of the caps. The legends look nice (nothing funky like in other JTK molds that I can spot).

Initial impressions are that the keycaps are well made but I’ll need to type on them a bit to know if they’re for me. JTK struggled mightily to get these out the door and to be honest, I really appreciate the tenacity even if I don’t appreciate the delays. This was not a very expensive or even a very large GB so I wouldn’t have been shocked if they just wrote the whole thing off after the team running the project left.

6 Likes

Here are some profile comparisons if anyone is interested:

Sets included in the comparison:
Black - HSA WoB
Purple - GMK Serenity
White - KAT Napoleonic
Light Blue - SA Mizu (uniform R3 set)

I think height wise HSA is closest to KAT (which is sort of expected since I believe they had a similar goal of being a shorter SA). KAT has a steeper slope away from the top which makes it seem a lot chunkier but the heights are similar. KAT also has a much less dramatic “top profile” (especially on R1 and R4 – counting from the top).

12 Likes

There are 5 packages in total today. Sorting merged.

FEKER white marble

Detailed pictures with the features of the switch under the spoiler.

Summary

Gateron North Pole V2

Summary

TTC gold brown v3

Summary

KiiBOOM

Summary

9 Likes

Did you also have some white marbles that were defective and came with normal length stems instead of long pole stems? For me it was a good 8/90 that came like that.

1 Like

Woah, you’re just going to drop these on us without a review :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

BTW do you have any thoughts on AKKO POM Brown vs. TTC Gold Brown V3?

Swoddities!

Also this funny little clock.

12 Likes

I checked my 60 grand. But just by pressing. They are all the same. Long.

The problem why I don’t write is that I’m not a native English speaker. And when I write to you, this is a translator))
I came across such a feature that the description of the things of a mechanical keyboard has many words of its own.
Finding a description of what is in my language and in yours in order to get the same meaning is difficult.

But let’s try.
This is just a preliminary description that I received.
Since usually I only have an accurate and complete understanding of the switch after using them for a few days. And when I re-grease.
First impressions are either deceptive or even vice versa. It seemed that everything was bad, but re-greasing or changing the plate material or changing the keycaps gives a very pleasant effect.

FEKER white marble.
Feels very good quality. The pressure is good. No scratches or pits or heavy friction. I realized that this effect turned out because there the walls of the stem are not a solid line, but like two thin strips. The option that they do in stabilizers is to reduce the contact area during lubrication. And here it gives smoothness) A tricky idea)
The ringing of the spring is there but very weak (you have to look and listen closely), and about 10 out of 60 pieces. Pressing strength is average or slightly higher. That is, there is a high speed with a few minutes of printing. And if half an hour or more it will be tired as usual.
I remembered that somewhere I had already seen such a Stem. And found. This “Wuque” is transparent. So “Feker” and “Wuque” did the same thing. I think it’s “Huano”.

Gateron North Pole V2.
This is where I am very upset. They are not at all what I wanted. Not at all what I expected as a new improved version. I liked version 1 because pressing is very similar to marshmallows. I would call them “King of the Zephyr”. It was only necessary to make the body better so as not to use the film, and change the spring for a more slow effect.
And one of the innovations was done well, and the other was added badly, for me personally it’s bad. I don’t really want to use them.
They changed the molds. The case is now monolithic, the film is not needed, there is no wobble. The effect of sticking with slow pressing has also decreased (but you need to re-grease them and a couple of days of printing for accurate output), only the wobble of the stem has become a little larger. BUT here is the yellow silicone that they made at the bottom of the channel where the stem is, it’s just tin. He is now semi-silent. Pressing down became silent. And you can feel the effect of hitting the rubber when printing. There is a sound when hitting up when the stem has returned.

TTC gold brown v3

I took pictures comparing the stem between tts and akko pom.
Because they seem to be the same. BUT.
At “Akko pom”, everything is made of pom. Therefore, the sound is louder. And expressed brighter, clearly, briefly. THAT is why I love full pom switches. I write it all on the keyboard where these switches are))))
Bump, tactile pressing also feels better with Akko pom. What with fast, what with slow printing. In “TTS” it is more smooth, rounded, weaker feeling. The sound is quieter up and down. And the sound is different. I understand the material of the top case here PC. And the spring or the bump itself at the “TTS” is stronger, when you press both switches against each other, the “TTS” pushes through the “Akko pom” stem. It’s just that when printing, because of this rounded bump, the heaviness feels weak. But she is.

And there is not much to tell about “KiiBOOM”.
The tactile version is not at all interesting.
And the transparent version is the same as texi or wuku or others, where the stem is nylon. Navreno if only they can be bought cheaper than others, then it’s profitable)) The packaging is very good.

5 Likes

I thought that might be the case, seeing your location! A bit insensitive of me really, but when you post some of the latest tactiles, including the new Cherry Ergo Clears, my curiosity is overwhelmed!

I just received my AKKO POM Browns this week. The AliExpress winter sale made them affordable. I agree that the stem shape is preferable on the POM Browns - the TTC rounded bump is often dull. The POM Browns are a cleaner MX Brown, but TTC is a little heavier as you indicate.

I am trying to figure out what to do with the POM Browns. I think they need a small coat of lubricant to eliminate the mild scratchiness. They are louder, as you say. The best match for it is probably a polycarbonate plate, to improve the sound. They don’t sound good on an NCR-80 PCB. So yes, they seem a good candidate for a top-mount, soft-plate tactile keyboard setup.

So thanks for the write-up! I just ordered Ergo Clear samples from AliExpress, as your detailed photos make them seem interesting. I will see if the factory lube is helpful or not.

1 Like

Since you want to buy them, I will write about them for you.
I have not done anything with them yet, as I am waiting for a new board (custom board from keybox) for tiger80. I like that I have one keyboard but two boards, two plates, two noises. I can do two build versions at once. And change only a sandwich. All this is due to the fact that some assemblies are so good that you don’t want to remove them. And for a test or verification, you need))
In general, new ergo clear cherry, their body is wobbly. Film is needed.
The spring is ringing. But lube will help.
But the main thing is the thickness of the stem where to put on the keycap. Keycaps are very VERY tight. And they are VERY hard to take off. If you can still put it on hot (without parsing the keyboard). In order to remove, for the safety of both the board and the stabilizers, you will have to disassemble to pull out the board and hold it firmly when you remove the keycaps.

4 Likes

Thanks for the tip about the films and the springs. I think I may have to go with spring-swap. Going to test a 55 G 18mm spring in them. And 63.5 G Progressive.

Too bad about those thick stems. Going to have to leave the keycaps on once they’re on.

1 Like

Today the parcels came again)
The PSB board has arrived but the plate and soundproofing are not there yet.

Снимок экрана 2023-02-04 180734

More photos under the spoiler.

Summary

Cheap film. Good quality.

G-square Dark Warrior

Снимок экрана 2023-02-04 181738

Summary

Video

XCJZ LICHICX

Снимок экрана 2023-02-04 182220

The shaft core adopts POM dustproof wall without lengthening the shaft core
The upper cover of the shaft body is made of special semi-permeable PC
The bottom shell of the shaft body adopts the improved bottom shell of C2 with high glass fiber content
The spring adopts LC high standard 15mm single segment spring
Conduction pressure 42g±3g
Bottom pressure 55g±5g
Conduction stroke 2.0±0.4mm
Bottom stroke 4.0±0.4mm

Summary

Video

9 Likes

My last Prevail Key anything. Godspeed, my fine lad. Godspeed.

6 Likes