What's on your workbench today?

This is genius! I already have some lubed Gateron Silent Browns that were donated by someone.

I assume the springs and stems are already lubed, so all I have to do is deposit them into some Bobagum housings. Which are now available on AliExpress.

Guess I’ll have to custom order some clear slot tops, though.

2 Likes

Can you link the Bobagum housing? couldn’t find it.

1 Like

Oh, I’m sorry. I just meant that Bobagums in general were available on AliExpress, not the housings specifically.

You can find them here:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005107486817.html

58 CAD for 90 isn’t bad, right?

The first store you sent is a fake store, notice it has 6 followers, zero reviews, and huge selection of random items.

The second store is an official reseller, mentioned in Gazzew’s site.

4 Likes

Thanks for pointing that out, and saving me from a bad purchase.

I guess the smart thing to do would be ordering a 10-pack and testing the concept of Gat. Silent Browns in them.

1 Like

Summary

Stem has an unusual structure.
The body is slightly wobbly. We need thin films.
Initially it is lubricated at the factory, very good. Most won’t even do anything.
But I re-greased.
It makes the sound quieter. Quieter upstroke. I feel so much better.

6 Likes

They also have those Aurora Clears, but with a white stem and the bottom housing is UHMWPE. They’re incredibly clacky, almost to a fault.

1 Like

Somewhere here a year and a half ago, there was my post. Where did I lubricate them.)

Wukue switches I bought everything.
But except for the silents.
I don’t like silents, not mine.
There are several, purely collection.
But use no no no. I need the sounds of crackling and ringing)

1 Like

Bow ties is an accurate term too; there are a few names for the same concept and can be used interchangeably. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Making ghetto gaskets for my new LW67 FR4 plate out of double stick tape and good old zip-n-fit contact shelf liner

Not sure if it will compress enough, but I have some thinner craft foam for plan B

9 Likes

Another day, another silicone pour. I hope it’s done tomorrow to test it out. I made a few tries with the board now, and never really was satisfied with the sound. I really hope this works now.

10 Likes

Built my RS60 with a PC plate today. Felt great. Sounded super hollow and pingy on the top row and sides.

So, I decided to add some small strips of tape around the screw holes for a “force break” mod.

Sound went from 5/10 to 9.5/10.

Completely different sound profile. Sounds perfect now!

I’ll post better photos on a sunny day and try to show the mod. For now I’m enjoying typing on it too much to take it back apart. Forgot how much I like lilac tactile switches.

9 Likes

This mod is magic, no need to stuff your board with foam :smiley:

2 Likes

Exactly. my first instinct was “this board might need some foam.” But there’s not really room for it. So I tried this first. Stunning difference.

2 Likes

Started soldering my second CRKBD, greatly improved my SMD LED soldering technique. But now I’m out of LEDs for the other half.

7 Likes

The Hello M0110 is at the Cerakoter’s so until then this beaut will be getting plenty of sexy eyes from me. Lol. Does anyone have a link to the plate files or know of a shop with them in stock? I’m thinking something in copper would be so perfect.

8 Likes

A full review with extensive testing is on its way, but the Geon Tool is making a good impression on me so far.

8 Likes

The plate file is posted in the thocc supply discord: Discord

I built mine with a PC plate and like it a lot.

I also liked the zebra wood one a that you can still get here:

But, uh, yeah I had a mixup with that wooden one. So im not sure how it feels in the correct case. :grimacing:

5 Likes

That’s a twofer, plate files do exist and TIL they also make wooden plates for 60%. I’m much obliged good sir!

1 Like

The 4pplet.com pcb works in it if u want to build it with alps.

2 Likes