What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Looks great with Birch!

Finally, a box in the form of a switch arrived.
After so many weeks of waiting.

Summary

Another friend of mine bought Zeal switches himself for the collection. We met and exchanged.
So that I have the same in my collection.

**A lot of photos under the spoiler.

Summary

11 Likes

• A stud-finder because it’s time to hang some shelves

• SWK Yin tactiles - I’ve seen these under various regional brands, so I’m just using the manufacturer when talking about them. They’re kinda weird!

7 Likes

They have finally arrived, after traveling around the globe. I think they went from china to korea to japan to philippines to australia, just to then notice that it was meant to go to austria and not australia. then it went to france and finally to austria. i wish i could be traveling like this, lol.
To the switches, though : they are, or were, called “weipeng nature colored” when i placed my factory order, but now they also go by “keygeek raw” on geons website. Top housing is made of Nylon + Uhmwpe, bottom housing is made of Uhmwpe and “Si” and the stem is “blended POM”.
They are surprisingly smooth and have very little stem or housing wobble. Very smooth even, seeing as how the only place where they have lube seems to be on the legs, yet they are still on par or above JWK level smoothness.

7 Likes

It’s not every day I get my hands on an original bag of Stealios linears from back in the day. Couldn’t help but photograph the PCB mounting ring in all its glory - one of the original telltale signs of a fake!

10 Likes

I am pretty new here and don’t get around much, but if you’re keeping track of those measurements somewhere and/or your collection I’d love to see the sheets!

4 Likes

Black Lotus. Packaged like trash. Its light tube needs to be removed before the switch will open. Loud and clacky. Noticeably wobbly due to its nipple-like stem tip. It’s dang smooth at least.

9 Likes

I didn’t have to pull apart the diffuser to take mine apart, but I have a switch opener that works more like a press and just applies pressure to the hosing at the latches.
I will agree that they are very smooth, and look great on a board with RGB :heart_eyes: :+1:

1 Like

I’ve been on a bit of a 60% kick lately…

Vertex Arc60

9 Likes

Mine came today as well, and I have to agree - really not enough protection, no box or even padding, just a bag. Not even a packing slip. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Again, off topic. BUT))

Spoiler

Summary

5 Likes

That’s crappy. Hopefully not too many bent pins. Mine were in a box :package:

1 Like

Ah, so here’s where we should start to specify. I find them to be some of the most stable switches I’ve used… but I evaluated at the top and middle of the press, not after bottoming out.

I guess I’m not as sensitive to wobble at the bottom

4 Likes

Yep. I’ve taken to breaking-down wobble into at least three aspects:

• Top wobble
  • Bottom wobble
  • and Travel stability

Not only are each of these usually different from each-other in a given switch, the relationship between them changes from switch to switch.

For example;

• Durock Black Lotus: Very stable up-top, plenty stable for most of the travel, but teeters at the bottom; A, B, C

• JWICK Ginger Milk: Not quite as stable as the Black Lotus up-top (but still very good), however, the stability it has remains consistent pretty much regardless of stem position; A, A, A

• Bolsa Namazu: Pretty darn wobbly - and equally so regardless of stem position C, C, C

• Chery MX Ergo Clear: Some E/W up-top, quite a bit of N/S teeter at the bottom, travel feels pretty average (and tactiles are a bit harder to get a clean read on here) B, B, C

5 Likes

Love the ABC system. Also sounds like I need to try some Ginger Milks.

:wink:

2 Likes

Yeah. I am not at all sensitive to top wobble nor travel stability. Bottom wobble is much easier for me to notice because, when I press slightly at an angle, stem would hit bottom then tilt.

2 Likes

Ordered two more boxes of new Nixies so I have enough for two builds & it came with the best sticker I’ve ever got from NK!

9 Likes

Haimus with the funky diffusers; EMTs & Bettys.

9 Likes

I got my Yang switches today. They are very low wobble (A,A-,A). But man, they don’t sound very good to me. What kind of nylon are they using? Lol. They are super clacky and thin sounding to me. And they are supposedly lubed. But they sound dry as a bone. Gonna have to spend some time to figure these out.

Also, definitely some sort of stick-slip going on at the top of the press.

5 Likes