What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Semi-silent switch JWICK

Detailed photos as always under the spoiler. Since there are a lot of them.

Summary

Durock Black

Detailed photos as always under the spoiler. Since there are a lot of them.

Summary

Video tapping stem about stem. To see that 80 grams is not as heavy as it is written)

6 Likes

Plate + Foam + gasket silicon

Domikey BOW Dye-Sub Cherry Profile Keycaps Set

8 Likes

Kailh hot swap sockets from Keygem, 450 in total.
Those will be used to assemble the Phoenix Project No 1 Type H PCB, a replacement PCB for the M65-A keyboard.

9 Likes

Do you like the quality of the Domikey keycaps? l like the look of many sets they have developed recently.

You mean personally this PBT set, the first PBT cherry from Domikey. Or Domikey abs their gb sets. Or a general opinion about Domikey in general)

If the first. Then this set of pbt is very good. The space keycap is even. Ideal.
The texture is rough but smooth. That is, here the surface has a roughness, but it is low. I personally like smooth or semi-smooth rather than rough.

If the question is about a set of ABS. Everything is perfect there too. BUT the abs keycap space does not sound like the gmk. Among all the space keycaps, I like the sound of the gmk the most.

5 Likes

Space bars! I’m giving ePBT Scandi a try and wanted to actually use it on an HHKB, so that meant getting a 6u spacebar for it as well as for less, but better.

6 Likes

Dangkeebs and UPS won the postal race over Novelkeys and fedex… :grin:

Some Wuque Studio MM bits and bobs for experimenting, the full set of Binepad trays (thanks for the “on sale” tip-off @Deadeye ), which will get straight in the shelf! :wink: finally the little screws won’t be rolling al over my desk anymore! And a set of Hoshizora switches that caught my eye (even if I didn’t realise they were sparkly :relaxed:).

Fun times ahead - it will be my first time playing with opened switches :rofl:

8 Likes

Received some Greetech Black switches today and took one of my worst mail day photos so far. While they are a lot better than any of the Cherry MX Black i got to try before… they still aren’t that great. Well, at least my batch isn’t. Both the stems and the housings do have some form of wobble but at least they are decently smooth and don’t seem to ping too much. They seem to have a light oil applied to the stem legs.

Also small bonus family photo. i would have more, but i didn’t want to desolder them all.

9 Likes

Novelkeys and Fedex wasn’t far behind…today was keycap day! I finally caved and bought some cherry profile keycaps :wink: apparently I have a thing for reasonably neutral with a bit of colour, ahem.

Stone looks great in person!!

The Keykobo set seems particularly lightweight, but I dig their keycap boxes with the pop-in clippy things to hold it all tight.

Ember has some rich red happening

8 Likes

ZSA Moonlander Mark I landed on my desk …

Seems to go well alongside my other devices … although there’s going to be a fight between the ZSA and the 65% at the back there … cable management is going to be fun.

Despite the photo showing qwerty, I’m going to use Workman on these in an attempt to break all my bad typing habits :slight_smile: and replace them with other new bad habits …

9 Likes

finally after exactly 2 years, got my thermal seq2 in soya colorway… still waiting for the thermal+ soya though, delivery tomorrow

17 Likes

Man, these Yang switches. So strange. It’s like someone built the firmest, harshest tray mount keyboard with long stem linears and thought… If only there was a way to get this feel and sound in the switch alone!

I have to admit. They’re fun to type on in a full board. I don’t know why, but I like them. I suspect it’s mainly the stability that I enjoy. Although it could partially be the spring. It’s nice to have a light-weight switch that still has a quick-feeling rebound.

5 Likes

I like the beige for Stone a lot better in your photos than I do on the NK website; it looks like a much darker tan in the product listing.

Edit: I was in the same boat as you with preferring other keycap profiles to cherry, but I think it was mostly because my experience was with low quality cherry profile caps. I’ve been impressed and happy with the PBT sets that NK has been producing.

3 Likes

Just received the PCBs (not assembled) from JLCPCB for the Phoenix Project No 1 !

And also have the plates :wink:

Waiting for the components now …

10 Likes

The Stone set is Hard to photograph as it changes quite a bit depending on the light. I’ll try it on a keyboard on the weekend and to take a better shot but it’s most definitely my favourite out of the 3 sets!

2 Likes

I’ll vouch for stone too, grabbed it when it first went on sale for $50 just cause I wanted a neutral color set & I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the color actually is on it. Add in a few of the included accents & you got some real pop out of a fairly basic colored set!

4 Likes

Love me some stickers, and I got some new ones today.

JWICK Ginger Milks:

(Cute ginger root)

More stickers!

JWICK Half-Silents:

(Spooky Janus medallion)

Durock Black Lotus:

(Glowy black lotus flower)

SWK Yin:

(Yin symbol)

Cherry Nixies:

(Tube-head suit guy)

(Weathered Nixdorf logo)

Ones that are a little hard to see like these might get something on the inside to help with that; haven’t decided yet.

G•Square EMT V2:

(Chibi Emilia)

G•Square Betty:

(Eponymous Betty)

8 Likes

Trash Switches came in today :partying_face:

9 Likes

This has been in my wishlist for a little over a year now and decided to finally pull the tigger on it. It’s such a great board and I wish I did it sooner.

14 Likes

Ooh. Didn’t see they were shipping. What a nice Friday surprise.

5 Likes