What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

man, that does look really, really nice.

When I first saw your FNCTLco board I was thinking that Bakaneko style might be the best way to go. Seems like being able to leave out the center posts as well as the screw inserts would save a lot of complexity (though perhaps there is other complexity from the baka shelves that I’m missing.

Anyways, cool to see that stuff is evolving. I recently ordered a wrist rest from them and can’t wait to receive it.

2 Likes
  • WS Lube Station from Dangkeebs
  • Two vials of RO-59, cleaner, and brushes (00) from Ringer Keys

Tentative plan for RO-59 is to try them on New Nixies and a set of polished Cherry blacks (already lubed w/205g0 so that’s where cleaner comes in).

11 Likes

Parts for the Charybdis Nano came in today

8 Likes

Let us know what you think of the RO-59 once you’ve used it! I’ve never heard of that but new lubes are always an interesting rabbit hole.

3 Likes

Wilba Thermal+ Milk, Kuro plate, Snow Whites, NovelKeys PBT Charcoal

13 Likes

Bruh. Dude. Buddy. Gorgeous. That’s something really special. Are these still being made, if not, do you know if they ever will?

2 Likes

yes, he is working on them currently. I don’t know when he plans to sell them publicly, but I would guess it’s sometime in the near future.

2 Likes

Whew! Thank goodness for that. I’m picking up a few when they do. I appreciate the info.

Larger than I’d imagined; think lorge grapefruit and you’ll be in the ballpark.

It’s hollow but not thin; you might just barely be able to see the eye-damagingly bright light from the UV curing lamp filtering through the plastic.

Oh, NovelKeys and your cute packaging. :cherry_blossom: :skull: :sparkles:

9 Likes

got some switches from Divinikey today.

Keygeek Raw Linears, Haimu x Geon HG Clear Linears, Haimu x Geon HG Black Linears.

All 3 are interesting. All 3 very stable. The Keygeek Raw and HG Clears have some binding/slip stick if you press on the top edge of the keycap. Those two sound quite thocky and deep.

The blacks are clackier… more like creams, with a longer stem.

check out how cool the Clear look with their RGB diffuser:

Going to have to put those AirC PC caps on these :grinning:

13 Likes

That’s very effective.

This will do.

5 Likes

GMK Zooted is shipping! They managed to get it out in under 2 years (except for the Salvun artisans for some reason)

I only ordered the RAMA cap though:

14 Likes

Just came in: K:02 by ergohaven:

9 Likes

Mystery switches: good ol’ Gat Browns

They’ve got the little housing curve. They have a talkative spring and don’t sound great - but I do think they feel quite good. A little tuning and I think these would be truly pleasant.

7 Likes

That’s dope bud. :green_heart:

1 Like

I got my mystery switches from Novelkeys. Kailh reds (which I already have) and Tecsee Jadite. Ha! I didn’t even know Novelkeys sold Jadites.

3 Likes

Mystery switches here too: TTC Gold Red Pro Linear Switches. I mostly go for tactiles and clickies, but these are quite nice stock, IMO. Due to the coloring, I thought they were Durock Light Tactiles and I was very excited for a moment. Either way, not bad at all for $15.

9 Likes

Ah shit, boys. Check yo keycaps.

So here we have GMK Fuji. A big long wait but caps are nice:

Wait a minute :face_with_monocle::

Ooops. I got 2 “9” keys. I wonder if these were sorted by those robots? Lemme check something on instagram:

I’ll be damned. The first set to be sorted by robots and shown off on Instagram… is GMK Fuji.

You know what? I’ve been so lucky. I own over 400 sets of keycaps. Well over 100 of those are GMK. I’ve never had a missing or duplicate key. I once had a key in the wrong profile in MT3 and once had a wrong profile pipe key in DCS polycarb clear cap from SP. But that’s all.

Time for a support ticket :sos:

15 Likes

Neat. Do you know if there was a larger engineering reason for the curved plate, or was it just the shape of the case?