What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Wuque Studios also has their wires clip in from the bottom as well. Used them a couple if times and they are quite good (and currently on sale!)

Also, available in 1.2mm and 1.6mm :+1:

6 Likes

Looks very Sixes or Olive 'Esk.

Alice Linear Switch
photo_2023-03-09_22-12-07

Summary

5 Likes

Am I dumb or is it impossible to get the QMK stabilizer stems out of their housings? I’m not sure how you would lube these. They definitely need something to quiet the plastic on plastic sound. Just stick some lube down from the top and tap the key a lot?

2 Likes

Got my NK Cherry Sage set. It’s a nice green. Here’s a comparison to the green in DCX Jasmine.

Bright indoor light:

DCX Jasmin on top, NK Sage below.

Cool natural light in shade:

GMK Dandy left, Sage right:

A bit cooler and less saturated than jasmine.

Shown on my Gentoo:

9 Likes

Not impossible, but not necessarily intuitive.

They’re held-in by a small protrusion on one side of the stem that loosely slots-into a rail with a small stop at the top. I used a pair of needle-nose pliers to grip the stem, and pulled up on the stem until the little tab hit the stop, and then sort of rocked it in the direction of the tab and wiggled gently - came out pretty easy that way but I don’t think I’d have gotten it with just my fingers.

As for lubing, they definitely seem more challenging than standard fare. I plan to test them bare first just to see how noisy they might be right from the box - after that I’ll be trying some greases.

6 Likes

Aha! Got it. Using some tweezers, I pulled up and towards where the wire would be. Thanks! I’m going to do a very light coat of 205g0 on the stem walls and my usual dielectric grease where the wire goes into the stem holes.

4 Likes

I always forget how dark my office is when I’m buying keycaps… :person_facepalming::ninja::shushing_face:

8 Likes

That’s pretty cool, I love me some fun stickers.

1 Like

CannonKeys announced the Chimera r2, which has the same inset top, inspired by TX boards. Expensive, but looks wonderful.

1 Like

TTC x BP OS Switch

As always, a lot of photos under the spoilers.

Summary

FBB switch F2

Summary

EMINENCE SWITCH

Summary

7 Likes

Oh man. I need those TTC switches! Also very cool orange switches and deskmat. Nice haul today.

3 Likes

I like the design a lot but I’m not a fan of their logo. Wish the badge was either different or not there :neutral_face:

Ohh I would love if you could give your opinion on the Eminencse switches.

May I ask you ahead of time? What points would you like to know? I feel more comfortable answering the question.
Switches, like keycaps, have a lot of taste preferences.

If we talk about the basic set.
That body is tight. Film is not needed.
But Stem, he voblit, In the upper position it is very felt. Unpleasant in games. And in the lower position with full pressing too. The ride is smooth and easy.

3 Likes

How is the off-center press, and how do they compare in terms of sound to switches like Zaku for example, thank you!

The sound test in this page for example sounds pretty thin:

The sound in the hands on the video is the same as in reality. But when they make them print in the assembled keyboard, they press slowly. And the keycaps are made of pbt material. This gives such a thin sound. And if you type fast on the gmk keycaps, the sound is higher in pitch.

translation from chatpg3 I see better describes,
than if I wrote it myself. :grinning:

1 Like

Got my set of QMX stabs in today! They’re definitely a pretty unique design, not sure if I am a fan of it or not yet though. The sliders/stems do not come out of the housings so it’s gonna be a pain to get a consistent coat of lube on them. Then only 2 of mine came properly put together!? If you look at the spacebar stab you’ll notice you can’t see the wire ends, then look at most of the 2u stabs & you’ll notice you can see the wire ends. The spacebar is properly put together with the wire inserted into the slider like it should be. The other ones are wrong & the wire just pushes the sliders up, but does not pull it back down. The crazy thing is if you didn’t know any better you really can’t tell the ones put together wrong are put together wrong. So I could easily see someone who is either wants to try these without lube or is new to hobby installing them as is. Definitely not a good look for GMK there.

Other than that they do seem to have pretty tight tolerances, look & feel pretty high quality, & came with very straight spacebar wires. So overall I’m thinking these should be good stabs, but am gonna wait to hear other people who have used them in builds opinions. The only board I have to build right now is my Thermal + & I don’t want to chance stabs I haven’t tried yet on it since replacing them would require a complete desolder. Kinda wish I had ordered an extra hotswap PCB for it now LOL!

8 Likes

I can see that. It seems somewhat…maybe divisive is too strong, but yah.

Upas said they discussed it but landed on it being part of what makes the design what it is. He originally intended it to combine elements of 6 or so different favorite or much-loved keyboards. I think the badge is inspired by TGR 910, and that was his take on it.

I do like the logo in general and don’t love as the badge either, but I understand the reasoning. It’s grown on me, especially with the different color/material choices. However, I haven’t felt the need to make a final call for my own aesthetics since, while it seems like an awesome keyboard, it’s not in the cards for me atm. :laughing:

1 Like

Guess who did exactly that last night

I had to take it apart again to assemble them; I figure it was so the user could select the wire they want but yeah, felt a bit silly when I realized why the space felt way off :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes