What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

just some milk and body lotion.

7 Likes

:skull:

Keyboard Streamer vs. Keyboard Streamer!!

Also, KNC shipped these pretty quick! :+1::+1:

Left: Clackbait’s Clackbits Linears Right: TofuTypes Tofu Linears

6 Likes

I don’t know the extent of fact vs. fiction of what MKULTRA really involved, but LSD def came out of CIA mind manipulation experiments. I think it started as searching for new kinds of “truth serums”, and boy did they get it.

Speaking of heavy button pushing, I got my wish with my second NovelKeys mystery switch but: they aren’t MX Blues again! Sort of!

(They are KS-3 Gateron Greens, LOLLL.)

2 Likes

The part of that article that references prisoners being offered heroin in exchange for participation reminds me of Stephen King’s short story, The Jaunt which remains to this day, one of the most interesting and horrifying things I have ever read.

LSD was first synthesized on November 16, 1938 by Swiss chemist Albert Hofmann at the Sandoz Laboratories in Basel, Switzerland as part of a large research program searching for medically useful ergot alkaloid derivatives. The abbreviation “LSD” is from the German “Lysergsäurediethylamid”.

… affected by a remarkable restlessness, combined with a slight dizziness. At home I lay down and sank into a not unpleasant intoxicated-like condition, characterized by an extremely stimulated imagination. In a dreamlike state, with eyes closed (I found the daylight to be unpleasantly glaring), I perceived an uninterrupted stream of fantastic pictures, extraordinary shapes with intense, kaleidoscopic play of colors. After some two hours this condition faded away.

—Albert Hofmann, on his first experience with LSD

Source: Wikipedia

P.S.: I have a keen interest in the history of medicinal drugs. :slight_smile: Working on my own stuff here…

2 Likes

Thanks for the correction. This is interesting. My only background on the history comes from the Grateful Dead biography, which I haven’t read in a long time.

Copper plate for my Metal Gear Alice. Smells like pennies. I’ll post some real photos of the build later.

9 Likes

So my switches, keycaps, stabs, pcb, and big switches showed up while I was on vacation.

11 Likes

I wonder how that 7-key device will operate. Hope to see it when it’s built.

1 Like

That is the TX Stabilizer tester. Got it from Divinikey. They have the 1.6mm and 1.2mm FR4. Thought it would be useful for the testing I will be having to do here shortly for an idea I have.

Been waiting a good minute for this one:

The whole kit:

Some (blurry) closeups:

While it isn’t my favorite for typing, MDA is still one of my favorite profiles to look at. I’d been hoping a darker colored set would come out since I first got MDA Big Bone ages ago, so I jumped on the GB for this.

That was late 2021 - and now it’s finally here.

The colors look great. The novelties are sufficiently novel. The alignment is good if imperfect. The legend clarity is OK, but really could he better; it’s hardly noticeable on the charcoal keys, but the teal Return key looks a touch blurry, for example.

I have no idea what I’m going to do with these at this point, but hey that’s half the fun. I’m glad to scratch them off the waiting list.

5 Likes

After almost two years my KAM L’il Dragon keycaps came in. Latin alphas and icon modifiers. They took so long to come in I was considering selling them. Then I was going to put them on my Ikki68 Dreamscape (the reason I originally bought them), but now I have a TGR Tomo in Suave blue arriving tomorrow.

Not sure the pink/purple will go with the Tomo, but I don’t have another keycap set around, and I’m trying to use up “old stock” versus buying new stuff right now (other than the Tomo). So, we’ll see how it looks, feels and sounds.

I really like the icon modifiers for the function keys, so I’m glad I have a 75% now to put the keyset on.

7 Likes

There are Yellowed HHKBs and then there are YELLOWED HHKBs

11 Likes

Horrible-photo-man strikes again. Pretty nice mail day today.
Kikimeow Yuaqi linear switches manufactured by Huano. PC top, POM stem, Nylon bottom, the usual combo.
YOK/BSUN Bitao linear switches, apparently having PC top, POM stem POM bottom. unusual combo.
Haimu wine red/heartbeat silent linear switches. Nylon housing POM stem. very silent with their unique silencing mechanism that does not involve rubber or silicone dampeners. very surprised.
BSUN ‘milk cover’ linear switch, even though the listing had them as “leichuang” which would be LCET. but no, it’s just BSUN. It’s basically using the same molds as old feker airy or other fekers of that era. and also PC top, POM stem, nylon bottom.
Also a bunch of springs to try. in different length and with different stages and shapes. even conical springs.
I can upload more and better detailed photos of the switches if anybody is interested.

And, to top it all off, i have also received my tofu 60 hhkb 2.0 today. with a nice chip on the visible side of the keyboard because of course it would.

5 Likes

That’s straight up RAMA yellow. :rofl:

4 Likes

I have a Ikki68 Devoted —the last one that was available here in Europe,— which is even harder to find colour compatible keycaps for, because of its blue-violet case colour.

Oh my, what I am getting into now…

4 Likes

TGR Tomo has arrived! I love the packaging of the Monokei & Friends boards so much I actually skipped getting the Kanban case. This box will go beside my Hidari box on display.

I ordered a B-stock board, and was happy to see that I couldn’t find anything wrong with the board or the weight on the outside of the board. I haven’t opened it up yet to look at the inside, but I’m not worried about any issues on the inside.

Hopefully I will get this built this weekend.

5 Likes

MMD Holy Panda

Summary

4 Likes