What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Odin 75

11 Likes

That is HOT :fire::heart_on_fire:

1 Like

Oh man, and they’re in stock… Why do you tempt me?

Yep, got it from extras. I suggest getting one from their Aliexpress store though, you can avoid FedEx/DHL that way, because not only it was delayed for one week, you also incur ridiculous surcharges.

1 Like

How do you program the screen? The matrix board has you load a file onto a chip that’s storage on the screen and the gif just appears. Is it similar?

Have a look at this: QMK Firmware

1 Like

er… that looks horrible. Does it just come with the bongo/keyboard cat gif pre-programmed? I can’t imagine many people digging into that QMK code to customize it.

Oh yea, it looks like they leave it to you to figure out. I found some posts on Reddit where it’s not even aligned. I’ll ask KBDfans about it and report back. I also found a possibly better version of the Bongo cat someone made for another board, which I guess can be converted to this board. Reddit - Dive into anything

2 Likes

Apparently it works out of the box: Reddit - Dive into anything

1 Like

Are those modifiers keys Sage PBT? Very tasteful looking combo there.

Nope. Those are just the Jasmine mods. Similar in color though.

1 Like

Archetype artisan: All Hollows’ Eve - Ajal

Ordered Nov 1, 2022. That’s 5 1/2 months for an artisan. Yeeesh. It is pretty cool though. The skull material is rubbery.

7 Likes

Wow, was it just stuck in customs or was it a preorder? I haven’t seen wait times like that for artisans other than Jelly Key’s Koi caps.

To be fair, I’m not exactly against artisan makers doing preorders. Being able to buy an artisan I want without needing to win a raffle would be worth a few months’ wait imo.

1 Like

It was a preorder. I hadn’t ever purchased from archetype before so I had no idea. The longest I’ve waited for an artisan is a few weeks. They have to be so far behind at this point. I see a new artisan for them on Instagram almost every week. There must be dozens of outstanding group buys at this point. Maybe they’ve hired extra help, but they should probably be warning people that it may be 1/2 a year until fulfillment

1 Like

Wow, I’m kinda shocked they’re doing preorders with a release schedule that frequent. Since I brought up jelly key, I will note that the last time I ordered from them it took nearly a year but at least they had very upfront warnings about it (after they had a bunch of negative feedback about the wait times on the first Koi Pond preorder).

With that said, if they were to give a reasonable timeframe upfront I still think preorders would be a good thing for the artisan market. The reasons I stopped paying attention to artisans were that caps from my favorite artisan (latrialum) started selling for double the price aftermarket and became unobtainable, and I spent about a year entering raffles for keyporas I liked and ended up with nothing. The marketplace for artisans is broken. Everyone is just entering raffles for things they don’t want in order to trade for something they do want and it ruins the experience.

Anyway, enough being cynical, that cap is dope.

3 Likes

Pretty excited here

5 Likes

7 Likes

sexy photos here, click at your own risk

14 Likes

So nice!!! That red has some pop! Have you finalized your build plans for it? One day I hope to add a CW60 to my collection.

1 Like

No build plans yet. The PC plate is super flexy, so I’m guessing that the board will sound rather soft and quiet. I’m thinking it would probably work well will long pole switches. Perhaps cream+ with titanium inserts. Or, I just ordered some Jwick switches with long stems that are POK. I may try those, but that would put me having to wait a while.

1 Like