What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

“Look at that subtle off-white coloring… The tasteful thickness of it…”

IMG_1683

8 Likes

May I ask where you acquired such a thing?

1 Like

AliExpress

https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0Lhs9W

I got the hotswap kit.

5 Likes

Too bad they don’t offer WK option to complete the Tsangan layout.

Using CAPSLOCK key as layer modifier is the critical part of how I use my 60% so can’t use it as Control key.

3 Likes

Just noticed that their PCBs appears to support WK. Maybe I could use Dremel to turn it into a WK case. Shouldn’t affect the structural integrity I think. :thinking:

UPDATE: Ordered HotSwap 1 variation.

2 Likes

Yesterday I got a nice 1993 SGI 101 from ebay in the mail. It’s not the granite case, but it was in really nice shape. Today I spent a lot of time ultrasonic cleaning the caps and washing the case. The plate wasn’t all that dirty either. It looks like it was probably used in an office or library or such.

Got everything all cleaned up and then thought… you know, it would be really funny if this keyboard didn’t work. I think you see where this is going.

Sooo… I have a very nice and clean beige SGI 101 that shits the bed when you try to type on it. LOL
The switches are pretty rough, so at least I didn’t attempt to tackle that issue before I found out. There’s 0% chance that I did anything to mess up the keyboard, but I did thoroughly clean it before I tested it… so I’m not sure I can, in good faith, get my money back from ebay. I suppose I could moan to the seller to see if I could get a partial refund. I’m trying to get ahold of blindassasin to see if the blackheart 101 project is still living somewhere.

I’ll probably use the caps for a sidewinder build for now, but I would like to restore this board some day.

I guess if I try to put a positive spin on it I could at least know that I don’t have random people’s dead skin stored up in my close now.

9 Likes

Ooh I just got my JTK Emerald set in the mail. Hard to show, but it’s a deep forest/emerald green with white legends and slightly minty green Cyrillic triple shot legends. I took a photo here to show its contrast to some other known green sets

Lots of comparison photos here. Click if you're interested :)

The JTK set is top left. It’s a big set with 3 trays of caps, including space bars and Latin mono alphas.

You can tell from the photo that it is slightly darker and more saturated than the mods in botanical.

It’s also slightly lighter and a touch warmer than the alphas in SA Skyriter.

Here is a side by side with ePBT hunter green. JTK Emerald being much deeper and warmer than ePBT.

Left is JTK, right is DCX Jasmine accent.

JTK is slightly lighter, appearing more obviously green than black here

Also, check out this new JTK tray setup. Each cap has a locking puzzle piece it sits on

8 Likes

Just got this budget pre-built

Now just waiting on the replacement switches

6 Likes

Wait for «THE KEYS» at the end!!! :keyboard:

2 Likes

1 full kilo of JTK keycaps. Sadly not enough for a full 60% hhkb board for any of the sets, but now i want to get some JTK sets. I wish i could get the JTK 9009 set, but it’s only on zfrontier and they don’t ship to austria…
Also a pack of Zorro black, branded with “rapoo” nameplate. and 10 Outemu red that were supposed to be Zorro red.

7 Likes

There the problem is not delivery, but buying. You need a Chinese passport to buy. Since the payment method is only aliplay.

Summary

We buy in this way.

Funny how my appreciation for the old favorite (TX 60L) surges after ordering a lot of new favorite (WS TL53). 60%ers always get 4.

6 Likes

Closing sale order from MKU - cheeky shipping label

• Topping off my Froge jar

• Some Tecsee Snow Globes :man_shrugging:

• Bonus stickers

Some purposeful stickers - like these two for Keygeek Raw and Haimu Raw switches respectively.

Not keeb related, but lol

8 Likes

Almost forgot, this was in there;

10 Likes

What do you think this is? A Minecraft Discord server???

6 Likes

That looks like a fair amount of activism, waking up America…

when the thug shaker central

This barebone split was sent to me by Keebmonkey. The display says “Split54”, but it’s called “TWS” on the designer’s site: https://www.skkeys.com. Maybe my specimen is a prototype with not the final software. Not yet available I guess, but a GB is imminent.

The two inner keys of the thumb cluster are a bit shifted towards the palm compared to what I’d consider perfect, and it is programmed via a proprietary software. My only other concern is that the surface seems prone to scratches.
Other than that, an angled bottom piece holds the battery and tilts the quite nice milled, frosted plastic case towards the user. Unfortunately for ergo-freaks, you can’t simply flip the bottom part for negative slope, but knowing Keebmonkey I’m sure this will be a popular and affordable product for those who venture into ergo split territory for the first time.

7 Likes

I got my replacement Command 65 POM plate; the original had tolerance issues that made it warp a little. (Bottoming out the Backspace key would cause the switch at the top of the macro column to fly off the board).

Unfortunately, the new plate is worse. Its slots fit into the notches along the bottom of the case better, but it sits higher up overall, so the whole top row of keys now scrape. Guess I’ll switch it back.

Oh that stinks. I never had issues with mine (other than the tightness at the bottom slots). I bet they’ll fix it. They seem committed to the product.

Are you sure it’s slotted all the way in? I remember mine rubbing up top until I got forceful and pushed them further in. Might need to get out a cutting tool to shave some material off the plate?