What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

no fair, you got keycaps. :rofl:

I have a support ticket in. Unfortunately, I also have 6 diodes ripped off the back of the PCB. Oh well, I’ll just have to wait a bit to build it.

I’m typing on the JWICK yellows right now. They’re not bad at all. But they certainly need some lube to quiet the random rattling noises when going full speed. My case was pretty rough on the bottom, like it needed a final sanding. I rubbed it with a white 3m pad and then spent a lot of time with a microfiber cloth. It feels nice now. I don’t know if yours is rough, but the microfiber cloth polishing seemed to do the best for me.

3 Likes

Dominic Toretto’s voice: Overnight parts from Japan.

Okay not exactly overnight but I saw this for cheap and had to. Apparently limited to 500 units, it’s a rubber dome board but the vibe of the OG HHKB is undeniable. It needs a very thorough cleaning (and may end up on Keyboard Horror because of it) but I love the yellowing and super smoothed from use keycaps.

12 Likes

Just arrived, I’m back to 7WPM. :smiley: Big shout-out to MoErgo’s Stephen for sending me a Glove80:

8 Likes

They’ve already packed up a set of keycaps and a new PCB. Cannonkeys customer support is solid yet again. This was honestly the main reason I didn’t hesistate to pick up what I knew was a bargain basement deal. I’ll report back next week when I find out what keycaps I got :slight_smile:

4 Likes

As I inch closer on my project of Topre-fying the Frog Mini, this color combo got the better of me. I’m going to build them quite differently so I’m hoping it’ll be enjoyable to swap between them.

9 Likes

GMK Foundation and some Haze switches.

Foundation vs Sloth. Sloth on top:

If anyone knows of some GMK Foundation accents available, lemme know. This set rocks but I wasn’t smart enough to pick up the accents. I think Cannonkeys hasn’t sold their extras yet. Is that right?

The haze switches don’t disappoint. Very smooth and thocky out of the package. They are pretty stiff for 65g switches though. They feel much more like 75g switches to me. 65g must be the actuation point. Pressed against a black lotus (63.5g), the black lotus almost completely bottoms out before the haze switch starts to depress. As long as you don’t mind a slightly heavier spring, these are certainly good to use stock as @Deadeye said previously.

5 Likes

29389391_m

There will be a LOT of photos. :smirk:

KTT Hyacinth

As always, a lot of large photos under the spoiler.

Summary

Снимок экрана 2023-04-08 170856

Summary

Summary

Under the spoiler photo comparison version 3 and version 4.

Summary

ZERO-G STUDIO X DOMIKEY THIRD SPACE

Summary

12 Likes

Those blue Domikey looks way to identical to the pbtFANS Kline Blue. :thinking::thinking:

6 Likes

I’m waiting for Pyga look alikes :slight_smile:

they already have

1 Like

JTK Shuten douji

Summary

5 Likes

What if))))))))))))
There is a “Vior” KBD clone.
“Vior” is not there yet. There is already a clone

Summary

2 Likes

The only thing that keeps me from buying it , is no 7u spacebar :frowning:

1 Like

MASSIVE mail day today!

Parallel’s new linear switch, Opal:

Moar TX stuff! TWO different styes of switch pullers and a set of their 1.6mm Long Pole stabs

…and last, but not least, LeleLab’s Y2K76 from zFrontier!

10 Likes

Nice! I grabbed the Opals too. I really haven’t been disappointed with what Parallel Limited has put out.

Those switch pullers look really interesting! I like that fat design.

1 Like

I actually kind of liked Parallel’s Pewtwers. I lubed and filmed them myself though. I currently have them in my Arc60 as the switches for my alphas, and U4T’s as the mods. It’s a fantastic feeling and sounding setup and has me looking at trying out more tactiles (contrary to all of my recent switch purchases :person_facepalming:).

The benefit I found to the wider switch puller is being able to rock it from side to side ever so slightly to help add leverage in pulling those tighter switch/plate combos without destroying the upper housing… Always good to have a few different ones around to help out in any scenario. :+1::+1:

1 Like

Pewters are great! I have them in two boards and I was tempted to put them in more, but that seemed boring.

I have been liking KTT Mallos and Invokeys Blueberry Chiffons as far as similar switches to Pewters go.
The chiffons are made by the Alfion manufactor like the Opals. It seems to be a decent manu. as long as a vendor pushing QC standards.

2 Likes

Ha. I bought one. About to assemble. Will report back

17 Likes

Silly me, I don’t own any MX keycap sets with oblique font. I shall have to rectify that asap.

Color me impressed. The mold is well done. Sturdy plastic with hardly any noticeable swirl marks. Subtle and authentic texture. Very easy assembly. Works out of the box with VIAL. Fairly nice sounding due to the gasket mounting. Soft but not goofy typing feel from the extreme flex cuts in the pcb and plate. The case is hollow so you could easily mod something to dampen the sound.

I didn’t get a battery to test out Bluetooth, so I can’t comment on that.

It’s light. That might be the only slight downside to the board. I was able to get a discount and get this board shipped to me for $80.47. Not bad at all.

17 Likes