What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

You misspelled “flamethrower”.

4 Likes

Opened up a few and was surprised to discover they had relatively low wear. This is the switch from the long boi 9.75u spaaaaaaacebar:

6 Likes

Yikes! This would be right at home in the Keyboard Horror thread.

3 Likes

AF SA clone caps from AliExpress

Also, a new batch of black lotus. I feel like the chirp is still there unlubed, but man, I sure like these switches.

All of these years later, and all of these keyboards, and my Klippe is still one of my favorites. This particular setup is the closest I’ve ever been to an aesthetic I’ve been chasing for decades. It’s all wrapped up in 80’s sci-fi that shaped my childhood (2001, Bladerunner, Alien, Aliens, and Star Wars -particularly Empire Strikes Back). I remember playing outside late in the winter snow with the street lights coming on (we called them night watchers, did you?) This all strangely goes together in my head. Add in the humming of fish tank pumps. Weird, right? But it makes sense to me. A lot of people don’t pay attention to the PC caps by SP, but they offer a feel and look unlike anything else out there. They are unique and definitely need the right setup to showcase their brilliance.

9 Likes

Green Jacket Linear Switch

Summary

6 Likes

Oops I did it again [cit.]

Just wanna try a 65% to see how it is.

Complete list, all from recent Aliexpress’ Sale:

• Zuoya GMK67
  • Outemu Silent Ocean x90
  • Outemu Tom (tactile silent) x90
  • PBT WoB Cherry profile keycap set
  • PBT Blue Cherry profile keycap set

Really hope the GMK67 is not damaged inside, as the seller shipped it without any foam around it :expressionless:

7 Likes

Can anyone recommend me some dark green switches that might be a good color match to BRG?

On an unrelated note, now that I finally have this the only keeb thing I’m still waiting on is the random TKL I ordered from cannonkeys a few days ago. My list of pending GBs is finally empty :smile:

7 Likes

Got a couple sets of TX AP stabs & a plate fork in from Mekibo today. Haven’t had much of a chance to check out the AP stabs, but I put together a 2u stab just to see how much tighter they are & thank god TX didn’t go crazy! Only slightly more tighter tolerances than the rev.3, still plenty enough play in-between the slider & housing to keep from binding or sluggish returns it seems!

8 Likes

They won’t be an exact match, but Anubis tactiles and NK’s Nolive Creams may come close enough?

1 Like

Hmm I would appreciate a follow up on the new TX stabs, I found them to be great but the stem was hitting the housing causing a new type of ticking (even 3ildcat mentions that in his videos and puts a sticker to mitigate it).

I wonder if the new tolerances addressed that.

3 Likes

No problem, I got a HS PCB I could throw them on a little later here. I also got rev. 3 ones I can compare them too. I’ll try them without lube too, cause I never experienced the ticking problem you mentioned with previous versions. Although I have never really used them unlubed so there very well could be something causing the ticking with the older revisions.

I will discuss with you.) The cat has this mod with stickers because the switches have a long stem. TX knock when long stem. So you need to not just compare version 3 and version 4. But the regular version and the long stem version.

PS.
Mine are already in my city, 5-10 days and will be on hand)

4 Likes

The long-pole version is basically for switches that have a travel around 3.5mm. Anything above 3.7mm or below 3.4 might not be compatible. If the switch has a travel longer than 3.7, using the regular version is good enough

2 Likes

MT3 Black Speech

Pretty far from the original renders, but might be closer to actual ashes with a warm light grey and a neutral medium one.

Legends look great imo - this is my first PBT MT3 set, as many as I’ve collected in the profile.

I have a matching set of dice somewhere…

Edit:

Ha, there they are. Got these at a comic book shop like… twenty years ago.

:man_mage: Call me Deadeye the Grey…

9 Likes

Those look great. I need to pick up a set. Was going to try to wait until they go on sale.

1 Like

I was finally able to get a case for my U80. In the photos, it looked kinda big, but IRL it’s sleek.

3 Likes

Another terrible photo but today i received my “surprise switch pack” from mykeyboard.eu and they were KTT haluhalo. Not bad, but i would’ve preferred TTC or 8008 inks, i guess. Haluhalos are basically the same as 90% of other KTT like grapefruits or kang bai but with different springs. Just the usual PC top, Nylon bottom POM stem combo.

3 Likes

I appreciate it, my switches are 4mm travel though (Durock Linears), I hope the AP verison fixes that.

1 Like

Random PC devastating TKL bundle. No keycaps to be found, lol. Reaching out to customer support.

Got white PC in WK layout. Stabilizers look to be cherry clip in with some space bar wires from a Durock set maybe. Switches are Jwick Yellows

10 Likes

I got my random TKL from cannonkeys too :blush:

Grey case, jwick switches, fr4 plate, nicepbt sailor caps. Honestly, the most surprising thing to me is that it came with a carrying case - it almost feels too nice for such a cheap deal lol.

The akko switches are separate, I ended up ordering those for my British racing green build.

10 Likes