What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Because they’re plate mount, you can actually buy new plate mount stabs, clip them, lube them and slide them right in the top of the plate without disassembling the board. Just take out the switch the would block the slot. Actually did that with mine and the stabs are perfect now.

Unfortunately, the honeymoon period for the board is over for me. SA was fun for a day or two, but I definitely prefer cherry profile. And I’m still not loving the board color. I’m definitely selling mine as soon as possible.

1 Like

Yeah I have some replacement stabs already. It just surprises me how Massdrop cheaps out every. Single. Time.

Edit: I really should say that overall I’m quite happy with the keyboard. They are small things I’m nitpicking although I do think the screw placement is a bad design flaw. The colours turned out great in my opinion and the board feels very solid.

1 Like

It seems like the actual Hermes Rocket had visible screws in sort of the same place, so maybe it was intentional? But that’s probably giving them too much credit. In any case, I think it looks really nice in that last photo. Is that pretty close to the actual color of the case?

4 Likes

Leopold FC980M PD came in the mail today!

There is a weird white mark under the “Ins” key. I have a feeling a piece of plastic got wedged in there. Tried taking it out with some tools, but didn’t work. Nonetheless, a beautiful keyboard that utilizes MX cherry.

3 Likes

Thanks for the marketing ᵔᴥᵔ

2 Likes

Good point! Perhaps if they’d been even more blatant about it the design would work better. Honestly when typing on it you don’t see them so it doesn’t bother me constantly.
The colour is pretty dang close I’d say but it was just shot with my iPhone and so I had no control over white balance.

1 Like

Hmmm… Ivory I think. A nice beige with pink switches :100::keyboard::100:

Honestly would have looked pretty rad and more industrial if they went all-in on the inspiration and had the screws going in from the actual front face like that.

3 Likes

Got my springs & USB-C cable in from TX today! I’m actually blown away by the packaging of the springs, there is even a little plastic drip pan for lubing your springs in the container! Can’t wait to try these guys out, if they are as good or better than Spirit springs him & MKB.com can kiss my ass. I ordered two packs of gold plated 72g Spirit springs through them a few weeks ago cause they were showing in stock. Well they didn’t have any in stock & apparently thought it was ok to just let the order ride without informing me… I emailed them about it & got some cookie cutter scripted response about what items are currently backordered & how long they may take to come in stock. Needless to say I’m done buying through them after this unfortunately.

Also got my foams in from MK Ultra that ordered during the last sale they had. Now this is a solid guy to order from here, I asked about the thickness of the Tada68 case foam on r/mk & he sent me a DM asking what thickness I needed it to be! Then proceeded to cut the case foam at 4mm like I needed at no extra charge! Not to mention I had the foams in my hands within 4 days of ordering, definitely an awesome first experience buying through them.

The foams themselves seem to perform very well too. I just got a chance to use the 65% case foam, but it had very good results with the Satanic Pandas in my RS. It quiets the build down a bit, but doesn’t really effect the sound of the switches (i.e. doesn’t silence certain pitches over others) like plate foams seem to. In Walkerstop’s video he built a Space65 with Holy Aliaz using the plate foam & it sounded to me that it cut out the higher pitches of a Halo stem bottoming out making them sound very flat. The case foam doesn’t do that, it just takes a little bite out of the overall noise the build makes IME so far. Anyways getting off track there, I’d definitely recommend MK Ultra & their products to anyone looking for sound reduction on their boards/builds!

10 Likes

I like the 70g a lot. The 75 are pretty nice too, and I usually don’t like them quite that heavy.

1 Like

That’s good to hear as I was looking for a lighter experience with these. I put 72g Spirit springs in my Satanic Pandas which I really like, but I think just a tad bit lighter would be perfect for Holy variants. Hopefully these do the trick as I think the 65g ones would be too light for me & the 75g ones are probably very similar to the 72g Spirits I’m already using.

What to build first though?

9 Likes

That Apollo lunar lander set is incredible. I saw some youtube videos on the build and detail- amazing.

But… keyboards first!

1 Like

Derp shot of trying out XDA caps on my AT-101W. These are really nice. Huge improvement in sound over the stock caps. The other XDA sets I have are 8-bit and the Kumo default ones. These are much nicer. They are twice as thick and the finish is smooth instead of textured. Homing keys have quite a nice scoop. Now to find something to build with them.

2 Likes

Absolutely incredible… Norbauer bags are of the highest quality. My brother and I agree that there is no better home to office solution.

It doesn’t get better than this.

11 Likes

The Apollo

1 Like

People seem to agree with you. Sorry @andrewsbaik :smile:

6 Likes

I had to think long and hard about that poll! :joy:

2 Likes

Got my box of 110 Massdrop HPs from the second drop in (keep an eye out if you ordered from that, you should be getting them soon!). Same as last time no real tracking updates other than the date changing where it says shipped from partner facility USPS awaiting item or whatever. Just showed up out of the blue today, LOL! I’m drowning in Holy Pandas/variants & parts to make them right now. Got 101 YOK Trash Pandas, around 30 leftover YOK Red Pandas, 200 MD HPs, 100 Halo True stems, & 220 Halo Clears on their way since I much prefer the look of the Clear stems to the Salmon ones. Definitely very appreciative for all the work the people that made the clones & MD’s run happen put in so we could get affordable HPs again!

I also got a Phantasmagoria Peek in today! Been wanting a Peek forever & even managed to get a really good deal on this one!

Then a Chemically Enhanced IdleKey too, which looks to be a quad shot! This is another sculpt that has grown on me recently & I’ve been trying to grab some of. I know they aren’t the most valuable artisans, but the aftermarket value is something that never really concerned me with what sculpts I like & try to collect.

3 Likes

Hmm, t-shirts? :thinking:

8 Likes