What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Man that CRP Desko does look great! I’m glad to hear you think they of higher quality than ePBT sets & worth the price differences. Because those Hammer BSP sets are expensive for fairly sparse coverage & that is what has kept me from pulling the trigger on one yet. Think I’ll take the plunge on a set if I got the loot for the next Rd.

1 Like

Got my SludgeKidd Nightmare baaphomet (finally an artisan I feel really matches Jamon!) & Hasu 660C replacement controller in today. The Baaphomet is out of this world & so right up my alley me being a huge metal head & all! :metal:

Closer look at the cap.

So what do you guys think? That the Nightmare baaphomet matches Jamon really nicely with some keys from the Pata Negra kit thrown in. Or I am just out of mind & letting how much I like the sculpt force me into thinking it matches good?

Edit: Got the controller switched & programmed in my 660C. Oh man is it nice to switch a few key placements around (namely swapping \ & Backspace since I am so used to split BS at this point) & add some extra functions on the Fn layer. Also as a bonus it seems to have cleared up an issue I had with my 660C not being recognized when it’s plugged in already & I turn on my PC sporadically. I restarted my PC 4 times with the 660C left plugged in & it came on each time! So glad I finally grabbed this controller.

2 Likes

Looks like a pretty good match. Is it a Satanic taun-taun, or is it just my imagination?

1 Like

OMG, it does look just like a satanic taun-taun! Guess it really is all in the eye of the beholder LOL!

Got my black ClackCat shirt and Holy Red Panda Shirt. I can finally rep

1 Like

Got some cute Lil olives

6 Likes

So cute!!!

You lucky son of a gun. I really wanted one :sob:

No luck in the raffle though as always :weary:

Put my extended 2048 on my 40700

13 Likes

This and a set of Cherry stabs from NovelKeys.

I’ll note that I don’t have any boards with Gateron switches, nor are there any in my plans for the future. Don’t care. Got the gator.

10 Likes

RON! <3

Best keeb product of the year.

2 Likes

I’ll say. I wasn’t planning on buying a Ron. I went in to get my stabs and thought I’d look to see what was new. The price was right for an impulse buy. I also got the pin for my older son. He was very pleased.

1 Like

Can’t tell you how many times I’ve taken Ron out of my cart cause I just couldn’t justify the buy. The more I see him the more I want one though! LOL!

I may have been drinking. It seemed like the right thing to do at the time.

Anyway, now that I have the stabs, I have no further excuse not to build that Espectro that’s been sitting in my basement gathering dust. I’ve been avoiding this project for a long, long time.

Ah, who am I kidding? I might get around to it next month. Maybe not.

1 Like

I got my HHKB Tofu!.. that I’m promptly shipping off to @MKUltraCorp to make foams for.

@beaker Since my girlfriend doesn’t follow this forum - how plush and cuddly is Ron? I’m about to get her some Gateron switches for her Tofu, should I add on a Ron as well?

2 Likes

If I recall correctly, Ron is about 15 bucks. He seems pretty well put together considering the price point. I would imagine that most folks interested in this are likely to put it on the shelf along with other keyboard related items.

I know the dog was super interested in it. I had to put it away on a high dresser before he got to it.

Anyway, it seems plenty soft, and the material is a short plush, feels good. Not real sure how long it would stand up to a toddler, but it should be a nice thing for your girlfriend.

2 Likes

Hey you are planning on using Gateron Inks in both builds? I remember you saying that somewhere, anyways if you are you may want to check this GH thread out. It seems some are coming with loose fitting leaves.

I’ve had the plush in my cart several times now, but the problem is that I don’t really have anything else I have to buy now. $13 seems very reasonable, especially considering the size. Would it be stupid to finally pull the trigger on those $250 Galactic Empire caps just so I don’t miss out on the Gater Ron plush? :rofl:

3 Likes

I was planning on just using Gateron Yellows in hers, and… something in mine. Probably Healios, or something.

1 Like

Gotcha, you’re in the clear with regular Gat Yellows. Not sure why I thought you said you were planning on using inks & the GH post made me think to let you know?