What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

I WOULD like to use Inks sometime, especially the silent variant, but man, this is cap-buster BOX levels of crap QC. Gateron… you’re not lookin too hot right now, buddy.

1 Like

Mars 8.0 arrived the other day that I will be taking apart and rebuilding with Red Inks

7 Likes

Sorry, I guess I haven’t been following this properly. Is there a QC problem with the inks?

Not sure about the cap buster comment, but I heard that the new batch of inks have binding issues.

I’m referring to the Kailh BOX switches breaking some of the tighter keycaps, like GMK.

I mean, do inks have the same big stem issue? Or was it just an example of crap QC

Got these cool old keycaps from eBay, but the stems are HUGE and I can’t get them to fit on normal MX switches… :expressionless::confounded::disappointed:

4 Likes

No, they don’t. What @Rob27shred said was my first known issue with Gateron Inks, it was just meant as a contrast.

1 Like

Got the Blank’topus I won on KapCave’s r/mk’s giveaway in! Definitely an awesome sculpt that is much more detailed than I originally thought, gonna be keeping an eye out for these guy’s future sales & sculpts for sure!

3 Likes

My SA Ice Cap set with ortho text to help me cope with the delay for SA Laser. This Frankenstein board will last me until my jj50 arrives as well. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

19 Likes

4 Likes

Good god @biip KAM Wraith hype intensifies

My first custom case arrived - a Lunar AEK 65% B-stock in space gray. The case is in really rough condition (scratches along the top panel, grain visible along the sides) but I knew that going in, so now I’m waiting for Cerakote swatches to arrive before I visit my local gun keeb coating store. Once that is done, and I pick up a 2u Command for right shift and some soldering equipment, I can finally build my first custom keyboard!

9 Likes

This is the “Coral” version of the Happy Hippo from Dwarf Factory. This came a little while ago but I just got around to taking photos. I think it looks good, but the details are quite small in person, and the SA profile version of the cap does cause some distortion of the things inside compared to the dome profile ones. A few more shots are here, where you can see the distortion I was talking about a bit better.

3 Likes

Ice cap looks good, but oof that spacebar. PMK sells individual SA spacebars, a taller one would be much nicer to use IMO.

1 Like

GMK Eclipse, Red Inks and MT3 Godspeed Mitonauts and Spacebars

3 Likes

I got a keyboard tie clip yesterday! Going to see how many people I can get to listen to me talk about keyboards at my cousin’s wedding next month :nerd_face:

11 Likes

But do you have keycap cufflinks yet?

8 Likes

So geek, i need that for my next meeting !

Got one of my grail sets. I still need the non-standard adapter kit and that is proving impossible to find!

5 Likes