What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

NIce! First Topre board?

No, in fact this is replacing the corpse of the HHKB BT I got a while ago. Before that, I had a Novatouch, which is now in the hands of my lovely girlfriend. Since the HHKB BT had Type-S sliders and was missing rings, Iā€™m going to take those and some Deskeys #5 rings to have an actually silent experience.

I got to lube this thing, but I need to open it up again for the aforementioned Type-S sliders and re-seating some of the domes because the noises that some of these make with misaligned domes and wacky springs isā€¦ not exactly the greatest.

2 Likes

Really nice :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Got this AEK in the mail today! Was pretty cheap from ebay, supposed to be salmon alps but it ended up having orange! First time I was happy that an itemā€™s description was wrong.

8 Likes

Today was a great mail day!
Copper plate from @LaserBoost which is excellent quality as always, the extra SA Jukebox keys I needed to fill some non-standard holes from @donutcat, and Pantone colour fans to continue colour matching for a keyset thatā€™s percolating!

9 Likes

Some GMK stabs and YOK Mints from NovelKeys.

I know theyā€™re supposed to be exactly same except for the color but colored YOKs seem to be higher quality than Trash Pandas to me.

7 Likes

Maxkeys Dark Purple. First caps Iā€™ve bought for myself in awhile and Iā€™m quite pleased with the look and have always favored SA. Iā€™m looking forward to building a ā€œproduction modelā€ Budget96 for them since Iā€™ve not built any of them for myself yet. Iā€™m thinking black plates, purple PCB for now, maybe something a little fancier later.

4 Likes

Leviathan and Minimal

Killer mail day

6 Likes

Huh, I never knew that was a thing. Iā€™m guessing it ran while I was out of the loop, and Iā€™d be lying if I said I didnā€™t want it :3

2 Likes

Can you elaborate on that? I was considering trash pandas for my next build.

Can you elaborate on that? I was considering trash pandas for my next build.

Nothing concrete. I only have 10 Trash Panda sample switches and they just felt lower quality compared to YOK Red or Mint. Iā€™m almost certain the difference is just psychological in nature. Naming it Trash certainly didnā€™t help. :wink:

1 Like

My batch of Trash Pandas was very comparable to my batch of Red Pandas. I really donā€™t have no complaints about them, although I have not installed them in a board yet. Just swapped out the stems for Halo clear stems to inspect them. Do you think the quality improved on the Mints or the was some bad batches of the Trash Pandas?

1 Like

Ignore my previous post, lol!

2 Likes

My first three artisans arrived over the last few days. The orange Velites and Moltres are going into a GMK Coral build for @HoodrowThrillsonā€™s new set, while the Brittlesprout Fugthulhu goes onto my Lunar AEK.

10 Likes

A pile of Alps.

12 Likes

Cool find !

Are they clean Alps? The boards certainly look like theyā€™re in good condition.

Wow, 3 SGI 101s! Very nice, youā€™ll have top quality ALPS caps for days!

The main draw with these specific boards are the high quality dye sub caps. The switches are dampened cream which imo are meh to begin with.

1 Like

where the heck do you get them? I watch ebay all day for these and they hardly ever come up.