What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Got in silent alpacas from @holtenc today
First impressions are fairly good. They seem less “solid” than silent inks if that makes any sense but they seem quieter and I’m excited to hear how they perform once lubed.

7 Likes

Been on the fence between inks and alpacas. Will be looking forward for a review/comparison to help me choose.

1 Like

At last my EqualZ stabilizers ordered at iLumkb arrived!
I ordered there in order to have versions that can populate a full size keyboard.
These are beautiful.

3 Likes

Yeah the colors are a nice touch & IMO/E they are just as good as pre tooled GMK screw ins. Some people have said they don’t like these, but I can’t figure out why. The set I’ve been using pretty much daily for the past month has performed great for me?

1 Like

I think they are just the slightest bit wider than other stabs, I was putting together my satisfaction75 the other night, which had a really tight plate (the switches went in very tightly) and I wanted to put the orange stabs to match orange switches, but they didn’t fit into the cutouts in the plate, while the zeal stabs I had just barely did.

2 Likes

I’m not used to cherry stabs at all (having Costars on all my keyboards).
But having looked at my recently purchased GMK stabs these C3 seems to have tighter torerances, that is less play between the stem and the base.
So maybe on some warped PBT space keycaps this would add unwanted friction ?

1 Like

Good to know that, even if filing them a bit could solve the problem.
I’ll make some measurements before making a plate manufactured, just to be on the safe side and not waste money :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah, filing them would probably be fine, I didn’t have one on hand at the time. It’s something I’m definitely going to look into.

Black Ink v2 and purple stabs. I can attest that the contact leaf does not jump out of the switch. Less entertaining but should be more consistent.

5 Likes

I have the complete GSK Camping set now! Just got the hogzilla in :smile:

3 Likes

Alpacas. Very smooth. I think they need films though. We’ll see.

6 Likes

I think they’re smoother than inks but maybe the films would help give them the tighter feel that the inks have out of the box.

1 Like

Indirectly keyboard related. Inspirational material for SA Skyriter novelties.

8 Likes

:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

6 Likes

Did Handarbeit really come just wrapped in plastic without a sleeve? It seems fitting somehow if so LOL! Nice pick up though, I would’ve grabbed a set just to have if I had the extra cash at the time.

Nah it had a sleeve I just took it off for the pic.

2 Likes

I got some Phoenix stems in too!! I gotta get some zeals or something to try them with

5 Likes

I get mine tomorrow. Was going to put them in my silent sky housings since I’m not a huge fan of the silent skies w/o lubing them

Heroin Robert pulls through for us both today. Got my Rakk Am-Lang Pro (its the RALPh from now on) with silent linears to DIY and… A drill bit. Thanks, man.

3 Likes

Koalas. Forgot that I ordered them.

Don’t like them with the stock spring at all but with a 72g spring and films, they are quite nice. Sound better than a T1 and feel close to holy pandas.

Going to get them all spring swapped and filmed this weekend. They don’t really need lube.

Someone needs to talk to Durok about these loose tops. Every one of their switches I try needs films. And it’s usually not the whole batch. They’re just not consistent.

2 Likes