What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Still waiting on my SA Laser. They had issues with the Cyberdeck and Gaijin kits (I ordered Gaijin among others) but they are supposed to be sending the other kits separately.

1 Like

Well I can safely say that the wait is worth it!

One thing I always forget about SA is how freakin’ glossy they tend to be.

As in the new production Model Fs?

that’s kinda crazy considering ellipse said he’s personally qc’ing every one

I wouldn’t be happy with sticking keys at all. In fact, I would quickly send that one back.

1 Like

I got a Sirius and a green 5° from @TheNamesTy45 in today :smile:

6 Likes

Looks great! Enjoy!

Exactly!

I’ve applied some lubricant on the most important parts, and the situation is much better now after some time indoors. The weather here is pretty cold and it had been cold for a long time.

I should probably let Ellipse know about my findings, tho.

OOf that is a beauty <3

BUT now I need to find longer screws…

2 Likes

HOLY GRAIL acquired!

A brand new never used TSAfox kit for Godspeed SA :partying_face: It cost me more than I’d like to admit, but I couldn’t pass the chance at getting it unused & from the original run!

I also grabbed the regular Hagoromo alpha kit for Oblivion V2 since the same person had it for sale as well.

9 Likes

Looks great! Your best bet for Cherry MX compatible caps would be to grab a REALFORCE RGB TKL board and put it in there instead of the 87u. I believe @norbauer said those were compatible with the latest round of the Norbaforce. That board has an MX stem already installed, so you can use any caps on it. Otherwise you will want to harvest either a Novatouch for the sliders or get some other 3rd party sliders somewhere, although I’ve read the quality is pretty lacking compared to Novatouch sliders.

The RGB is compatible with the Mark II, but @MightyJabba got a Mark I, which came out before the R2 Realforces, so he would need to go the slider-swapping route.

Got SA Arcane for my Wife’s board. Need to get a normal ANSI layout PCB so I don’t have to use some of my SA Ice Caps keys to compensate :sweat_smile:
https://imgur.com/a/MXCrsut

3 Likes

They are epic boards!

Anyone curious about an HBCP build should check out @jshuf’s build for a cool build log of the HBCP.

My personal plans? Probably going to go with lubed inks in a FR4 half plate. Trying it mostly because I haven’t seen anyone else try it so :crossed_fingers:it’s good. Worse case scenario I just desolder and rebuild it up with the brass plate which seems tried and true for everyone else.

No clue what keycaps I’m going to rock on the board yet tho :grimacing:

2 Likes

FWIW, I really like tealios in FR4 - I imagine the inks should feel nice as well.

1 Like

Got my SA Laser kits (aside from Gaijin). I think they look pretty good! I will probably be rearranging all of this when Gaijin and the Laser ALT come in, but for now here it is on my DZ60 in a magenta Tofu case with Tealios switches.

6 Likes

OMG I didn’t know it already shipped! Awesome!

Klippe case

7 Likes

God, that looks so much better IRL than in the renders.

1 Like