What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Here you go.

Oh, thank you!
Looks like it will ne a good alternative to inks just lubed.

1 Like

Whatā€™s the closest color match that you can eyeball between DSA Magical Girlā€™s white and PMKā€™s color codes?

Lemme take a glance and I will let you know. I will say itā€™s a lot softer than I expected but it helps compliment the pastel colors.

I would say take this with some caution but Iā€™d say it is somewhat close to WFK, although I also feel like it isnt far off from WFJ either. White colors are typically my weakness when it comes to color matching.

Finally got the Morgrie RIE 60!

6 Likes

Dang that looks slick. But how does it feel to type on?

I just got mine the other day, and while it looks awesome, it feels terrible. I donā€™t like the keycaps at all, itā€™s hard to find where your fingers should sit in general, but the bars on the homing keys are almost non-existent, and the switches feel like crap (I made the sad mistake of getting brown, but the red in the tester isnā€™t much better). The case and finish and build are nice though.

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™d mostly have to agree with dwarflemurā€™s assesment. I also got browns and theyā€™re pretty weak tactility wise. Thereā€™s seems to be a lot of pinging because of the metal case. However the stabs actually feel lubed and pretty smooth. Build quality is great. Iā€™m probably going to try and replace the springs to get some actual tactility into the switch.

Thatā€™s such a shame, it looks so good!
Fingers crossed a spring mod is all in needs!

big time, the case seems thick enough that regular switches would have been fine and instead itā€™s just hollow in the empty space

Got mine just now but with red switches . It also came with a little switch tester and at least compared to that one brown the reds feel much better - still quite scratchy.
Yet i dont think i will go through the trouble of opening it up lubing all switches and reassembling.

I think of it as a good laptop keyboard to-go for my phone and tablet without any kable issues that allows me to leave my favourite boards at home.
However im a bit bummed that the shape is not the same as the renders. Its a bit thicker which messes with the proportions and the sides are not as rounded but rather squared of.

[Not pictured]: Silent Inks and a Cherry profile black-on-slate PBT keyset; both destined for the Durgod Hades 68 that I coffeeā€™d a while back. Mistakes are really just opportunities in disguise, right?

2 Likes

HBCP!

13 Likes

no eat

1 Like

NOM, NOM, NOMā€¦ Iā€™m jealousā€¦ Really wanted a HBCP but the stars werenā€™t lined up for me when it was on GB. :disappointed: Whatā€™s the plans for yours bud? I have a feeling they are gonna be epic boards, be sure to keep us updated on the build! :ghost:

Sooo is it gold?

1 Like

I got my brand new Model F77 yesterday. I had forgotten what I had ordered, and was happily surprised when my black F77 with blanks arrived.

Not so happy that the spacebar easily gets stuck and that the right alt key presses into the spacebar stabilizer. Nothing deal breaking, and considering that this was cheaper than my KBD19x build I recently did Iā€™m actually quite impressed with this keyboard.

In retrospect, I should have ordered it in ISO (and not ANSI) but that isnā€™t a dealbreaker either.

If this keyboard is representative for all model f, I can understand why thereā€™s a bit of a hype around it, itā€™s so much nicer than my old Model M.

2 Likes

Got the Royal Wrinkle Norbaforce case from Ryanā€™s recent sale and went out and bought a Realforce 87u to go with it. :smiley: This is my first Topre board and the uniform 55g weight may be a little much for me, but Iā€™m still getting used to it. What is the best option if I wanted to put Cherry MX-compatible caps on here?

7 Likes

I finally got my SA Laser caps after a long (worth it) wait. I will say the only complaint is the R1 escape and Backspace keys had unusually sharp/extended corners and were getting caught on the corner radius of both my JJ50 and Preonic. Otherwise they are perfect!

Also please ignore the god awful camera quality!:sweat:

6 Likes