What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Tried them out in silent sky housing (blue bottom, clear top). These are going to be a hit with the clicky lovers. Very nice.

Going to get a hotswap board full of them and see how annoyingly loud they are. Ha.

—EDIT—
Okay, I put a few more in housings and I’ve changed my mind. I’m confused. I thought the whole point was to make them double clicky like Aristotle stems. They’re missing the little hook on the end of the leg to make them catch on the way back up. Uh… what? They feel and sound 95% like a gateron clicky switch. In fact, i had a Gateron green switch beside the Phoenix stem switch and I couldn’t tell the difference. Hmm…

2 Likes

Monday mail days :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

They’re coming! I need to put together some more teaser photos for GB/Pre-Order. I am so happy that you like it :slight_smile:.

1 Like

got my package of Phoenix (the new Aristotle) stem yesterday.

in the image: stem on the right is the old Aristotle

the clicky from these stems does not disappoint :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I agree it’s a good click but I was disappointed by the lack of click on the way up. Wish we could have that nice, crisp double click of the original Aristotle stem.

1 Like

I got this amazing piece of work in from @norbauer, I can’t wait to get it together. I’m ready to sell all my other boards lol.

14 Likes

I was considering buying one of those lube stations. The main thing that made me not was that the recess to hold the stems seems to be circular. Do the stems not spin around in there while you are trying to lube?

Also I noticed that tube of Krytox. Is this the tube that is available on Amazon for ~$25?

1 Like

Big mail week :sweat_smile:

EDIT: both sizes of the new RAMA canvas deskmats, two packs of 110 POM invyr pandas, 2 packs of 64g and a pack of 68g progressive springs from Thic Thock now that the weighting was fixed, and 330 phoenix stems. (I’ve got some fun frankenswitching projects ahead of me :joy:)

6 Likes

Olive + some smoke Everclear(or is it Durock?) stabs that took WAY too long to get here.

2 Likes

got this last night, but hey, it counts, right? a very cool and funky revthulu artisan ! hopefully i’ll post back later this week with my newest board!!

3 Likes

• some cherry mx black switches
  • cheap standard ortho keycaps
  • wires
2 Likes

Interesting case you’re working on.

It‘s just an old backplate of an speaker :sweat_smile:. It‘s my first handwired keyboard, so i don’t want to waste a lot of money if it does not work :smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

How are you cutting out the holes after drilling?

With a small jigsaw… a lot of work :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

24 Likes

Oh dang that’s pretty sweet with the lighting

What have we here?

It’s the Ghost of Christmas Future edition Norbaforce Mark II. Stock Realforce RGB TKL inside.

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like