What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Damn that’s awesome

Not nearly as exciting as a Norbaforce, but I’m pretty happy to finalize my Minivan with some spacebars and plate foam :smile:

6 Likes

Hey man, a minivan is a sweet keyboard too! What switches are you going to put in there?

1 Like

Hey thanks! I’ve had some aqua Zilents lubed with 3204 in it for a week or two now. Really enjoying them, and now with the plate/case foam and a brass plate the thing is whisper quiet (especially compared to the T1s I had in it to begin with).

Lilac tactile switches. These are really nice. Tighter housing! Need to get them in a board later today.

8 Likes

where are those from?

Projectkeyboard. Manufactured by JWK/Durock

Just got a chance to put them in a hotswap board. Still not the best sound signature. A bit clacky. I’m goign to guess that switch films would help some. A few tops seem loser than others. I’ll probalby end up lubing the housing tops/bottoms and adding switch films.

But the bump is really nice. It starts at the very top like zealios V2s but it’s much rounder and longer. Slightly longer and rounder bump than T1s as well. Not sure if it’s the springs or if the stems are just different. Really like the of medium-heavyish springs in here. These are going to make it in a soldered build for sure, but they’ll need some work. Probably going in my purple polycarb HBCP!

2 Likes

Mauve switches from ProjectKeyboard. Just tried one stock in a hotswap board and this lit up in my head instantly: tell everyone how marvelous it is. It’s extremely smooth like C3 Tangerine R2 and clacks real good, like Cream. I haven’t tried Alpaca but this feels as good if not better than how others described Alpaca. Damn. It’s so good. If JWK can churn out switches like these one after another, it’s going to become my favorite switch manufacturer.

6 Likes

Got some of these in this week, too, but you beat me to posting ‘em :joy:

They are a real good color, and I agree with your assessment. Might become my first filming project.

1 Like

Need some GMK Taro or Future Funk for these switches! Very nifty colors

2 Likes

SA Green Screen with Amber Alphas. Planning ahead for what to put on my Thermal that I’m going to powdercoat a nice mustardy yellow.

8 Likes

Thats nice and all, but I’m wondering if the powdercoat will affect the heat dissipation ability of the thermal. :wink:

It’ll be yellow so I think we’re okay

2 Likes

Not that related but a Keyboard (for the thinkpad T470) and yes i know that this is a german layout but almost better than the french :smirk:

7 Likes

I love this set

1 Like

my valentine’s gift came in the mail today!! yet another board to add to my collection :smiley: also my kocaps blank shipped in today too <3

4 Likes

SA Calm Depths

4 Likes

Some 60g springs, switch films and stem picker from TX. :relieved:

2 Likes

It actually came in yesterday, but I didn’t get to opening it till today.

GMK Nines & a shit ton of switches from the always awesome @TheNamesTy45! Pretty excited about the Linjars, they feel really good loose. Might just use them for my T60 I have coming in on tues.:smiley: Not sure what to put Nines on just yet, probably will end up on my grey Klippe cause the case matches it pretty nicely.

Edit: Put Nines on my Klippe, damn near perfect match! :eyes:

5 Likes

Best films in the biz, really consistent springs with a great lube, & the stem grabber is really helpful IME. You should be really happy with all of that man! What switches are these planned for?