What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

That’s good to hear. I’m not entirely sure yet, but maybe retooled blacks or some holy GSUS.

1 Like

That looks awesome on your Klippe!

1 Like

Looking good - I love me some Nines.

1 Like

Got my re-done “Hello, World!” Oblivion V2 key…

6 Likes

Thanks guys! :grinning: I am very to happy to have Nines after missing out on it! Also thanks for like the fifth time for the switches @TheNamesTy45! Those will really come in handy with parts restocks up in the air still right now due to Coronavirus. (God help those poor people affected!)

Yeah I was pretty surprised (and thankful) at how fast they got them out! Been wanting to use that as my Enter since I got the set, but used the “Commit” Enter since the kerning not lining up looked really funky to me. Glad to see everyone else is getting them in now too!

1 Like

Got a bunch of stuff on sat & today.

Grabbed 120 pack of Gat Yellows just to have in case switches become hard to get here. Got my Archaic MX shirt from @Sour in (thanks bro!), my Smoke & Embers XP from Cozcaps, a B-stock AN-C PCB from Project Keyboards (Cannon Keys was OOS of the B-stock ones), & my Noxary Night Blue T60 from Switchmod. Which also comes with an awesome ice blue colored plate (the color is hard to pick up on camera), but it doesn’t support split R shift. Gonna have to to do some customizing of it with a Dremel I guess, although I might opt for a different plate altogether. :thinking:

5 Likes

Retro60 bought of MechMarket! I missed having a wooden case but wanted something nicer than the KBDFans one and this popped up. Never thought I’d get one of these.

6 Likes

I got some aristotle stems in the mail today. I’m planning on making gatistotle switches with these! Can’t wait!!!

6 Likes

One kilogram cubes of Aluminum and Tungsten from Midwest Tungsten Service. Not much to say about this, other than that it’s really trippy to hold these in your hand. I’m planning on taking these to the next Ohio meetup in lieu of an extra keyboard.

15 Likes

wait, why is it trippy? Do they do something?

I mean, don’t get me wrong, they look awesome.

Ha! I did my best to not buy that one. I have a walnut and aluminum version and I LOVE them.

ISO… :face_vomiting:

It was hotswap! Already converted to ANSI :smile:

1 Like

phew. :sweat:

Most folks don’t get an opportunity to handle very dense material. Gold and platinum are precious metals, lead is toxic, refined uranium is both expensive and radioactive. Tungsten is about 25 bucks a pound with a similar density to gold.

They make airplanes out of aluminum, they make (I don’t know) drill bits out of tungsten. It’s difficult to grasp how dense this stuff is unless you can hold it in your hand.

I think you can understand where I’m going with this, since I’ve often advocated for tungsten backplates. Some of you like dropping in tungsten shot or powder in places where some extra mass could do some good. I’m on to you.

Also, these cubes look good on a coffee table, desk or mantle.

2 Likes

Do you know if there are shops out there that might be up for CNC’ing tungsten? I’m wondering what it would cost to replace the steel backplate on my Monolith with a tungsten one…

Got my Metropolis mousepad in the mail some time ago but just unboxed it today.

I think it looks beautiful with the Heavy-6!

10 Likes

I have not looked into the costs of machining Tungsten. I have an old putter in my garage (a Carbite) that has tungsten inserts on the heel and toe. The middle putter body is aluminum. The tungsten inserts are dove-tailed with the aluminum. The putter resists twisting on off-center hits and has been my go-to for many years. I have around 14 putters, and this one keeps winding up in my bag. It just works.

Anyway, while I’m aware that it should be possible to machine tungsten, I have no idea of the cost or where to get it done. For the Monolith, it just makes sense to have the whole thing as Stainless Steel since Stainless Steel is the point of the Monolith, IMO. And if machining SS is an expensive bitch of an operation, I can imagine Tungsten would be way up there too.

I just think it would be nice to be able to get a weight / backplate in this metal for an otherwise light aluminum case as we’re seeing brass and stainless steel fill this role now.

2 Likes

Got the JTK Max box in today. The box are well-made and give MT3 a snug fit. Really happy about this purchase.

6 Likes

Damn those do store a good bit of caps & seeing it’ll fit MT3 well SA shouldn’t be a problem. Need to grab a few of them for my SA sets sooner than later, LOL!

1 Like