What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Wait, are Creams dying? when did that happen?

I was talking about the Gateron Merlot switches, those won’t be running again. Sorry to scare you guys! Mike would be crazy to kill off creams, LOL!

4 Likes

I was talking about the Gateron Merlot switches

My bad. I overlooked your mention of Merlot switch.

1 Like

Had a mild heart attack :sweat: :see_no_evil:

1 Like

A 5 pin DIN Soarer’s convertor for my increasing vintage board collection & a sample batch of ALPS SKCM/L switches (it came with blue, amber, white, brown, salmon, orange, black, green & yellow ones). I got the switches so now have at least one pristine example of each of those switches to compare against.

5 Likes

Ok, here’s the unbubblewrapped picture:

Couldn’t even wait a day for that. :slight_smile: Now that was about a week ago and I finished these keyboards (at least in a way that they can be used).

Additionally SA Laser arrived finally in the P.O. box automaton today. Massdrop (or DHL eCommerce Germany, or maybe even both) didn’t declare the parcel’s value properly so customs hold the parcel back, sent me a letter in which they asked for a copy of the bill. This procedure costed me about $13 extra—and about two weeks of extra waiting, too, partially due to public Easter holidays. :disappointed:

So following are some potato shots of the results in order of completion.

A more complete story, especially about my further plans with them, as well as one more build I did in the past week, too, is over there in the Unifinished Projects thread.

Pain27 with MDA Big Bone

Features Millmax hotswap sockets and Durock T1 switches.

I really like how MDA key caps look on it.

Reviung39 with SA 1976 ortho kit

Features Millmax hotswap sockets and Kailh Box Jades.

Jerkin with SA Laser

It’s the keyboard shown in the lower half of the picture. The keyboard in the upper half is my Alpha28 with GMK Mitolet for size and color comparison; for some reason I thought in the past that the Mitolet and Laser colors are way more similar.

The Jerkin features Millmax hotswap sockets and Zealios v2. (The Alpha28 has soldered Kailh Box Royals.)

The Jerkin wasn’t finished until today as some of the included screws for the case were too short, and the replacement screws (as well as SA Laser) arrived only today.

4 Likes

SA Bliss

u w u

12 Likes

Dang, it looks really good on that board. Is that a norbaforce?

Yep, MkII Norbaforce.

1 Like

SA suits boards with wider bevels.

Got a Lubrigante kit with a Wonderland PCB, a batch of 70 Alpacas, & a batch of 100 Merlots in today! Think I’m gonna use the Merlots on the Lubrigante, the Alpacas are now what is going in my e6.5 (I know, I know, I’ve flipped flopped about hundred times on what switches I’ll use for it. This time I am 100% sure though, LOL!)

10 Likes

“hell yeah”

4 Likes

If you got a dev tty WKL kit triump or beige I’d be happy to take it off your hands :slight_smile:

Aww yeah! :sunglasses: Love these PE stems even though the tolerances need work on them. Although as long as you’re not using them in Cherry housings you’ll be fine!

Alice (or quasi Alice) layout is one of the next layouts I am interested in but only if it is usb-c. What does that pcb use?

1 Like

USB mini, although there is a few Alice style PCBs coming out soon that are USB-C. I’m pretty sure the PC Rukia is USB-C too.

Wonderland pcb is USB-c

1 Like

@AccomplishedVacation & @clankgy1 I just double checked & AV is right, the wonderland PCB does have USB-C. I just pulled the PCB out of it’s ESD bag for a second & could’ve swore it was USB mini, but I was wrong.

1 Like

Thanks for checking @Rob27shred. I’ll keep my eye out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got some @hineybush caps

Beauty :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes