What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

no fucking way

1 Like

Wow! Looks great. What are your first impressions? I’m waiting on a grey anodized Modern M0110.

It does exist! :astonished: Seriously though awesome to hear you guys are finally getting them!

First impression is that it was worth the wait. The packaging is excellent, the color is gorgeous and the finishing is (mostly) superb. There are some tooling marks and a single scratch in the finish but all on the bottom, not visible when it’s sitting on my desk. The finishing on the top and sides are flawless. Also it’s hefty AF. I’m looking forward to putting some switches on this thing and putting some mileage on it.

1 Like

It’s definitely been a long road but John did a pretty good job of making updates when there was anything noteworthy to announce. In my mind it was never a question of if, not when.

1 Like

Could you do a build log? I’d be interested in seeing it come together.

I’ve never done a build log before but I’ll give it a try :+1:

For now I’m going to build it as a tactile MX compatible board because I don’t feel up to desoldering an Alps board to harvest the switches. I bought 2 PCBs tho so long term it will definitely house some Alps switches.

I keep forgetting to post them as they come in, but this is from several mail days. My collection has certainly grown during the lockdown…

5 Likes

GMK WoB

Looks nice on the Tokyo60

8 Likes

Re-legendable DSA caps for my macro pad! Going to have fun making some custom stickers for these.

6 Likes

I would have gotten in on that, if they would have had it a month or two ago… :frowning:

1 Like

Got a batch of 82 SCKL greens, another pack of PE stems, & 4 packs of black Kebo films in yesterday. Then got some Easter goodness in from ETF today!

5 Likes

Got a bunch of stuff in the last few days,

A Mary J Exotic Crescent Cap from Sodie Caps

A Dart Observer from Lividity Caps

A Bruce Banner & XX blank from Tokkipee

2 Bong Caps & 2 caps of an unnamed sculpt from T.S.A. Caps

Finally got my Maypad + 3D printed case & Navipad kits in from Keyhive

Then I got 90 more Alpacas in, giving me a fat bag of them for now.

2 Likes

Finally got my stabs in the mail

But I’m having problems with qmk and my keyboard so I can’t start soldering yet. :cry:

1 Like

Got a Clickeybits fidget tester.

Help me ID the switches? I posted them in this album: https://imgur.com/gallery/AvlJkCj

Also got some stainless steel caps to test haptic differentiation for groups of keys.

2 Likes

The switches in your fidget toy are Greetechs (a lesser known MX clone brand, most famous for making some of the Razer switches) with the possible exception of the the switch that has a clear top housing with a dark blue basically navy stem. That could be a Kaihl speed navy, but I can’t say for sure as I can’t see the name on the top housing. It is possible Greetech has come out with some new switches that I do not know about. As for the regular Gretechs, the color corresponds to switch type/weighing just the same as the Cherry MX line up.

1 Like

Very disappointingly, I only got the arrows kit in.

What a tease!

MT3 serika?

MT3. I guess Drop was shorted Katana and 40s kits, so it may be a while before I see them :sob:

@SargentRedbeard There’s, at least, this ^