What did you get in the mail today? (Part 1)

Yes :laughing:

2 Likes

Good painting on that figure. I don’t know much about them; most I’ve seen are from gaming special editions, and those usually aren’t nearly as well done.

1 Like

6 Likes

Is that a figure with a figure?

3 Likes

Figuratively speaking.

4 Likes

Prime KB: Silent Alpacas, Replacement Elite C controller (thanks Keeb.io) & one switch PCBs.

I   definately won’t  probably won’t…  might will test out the silent alpacas in the switch break in machine.Using diamond paste to polish switches

5 Likes

Have you tried regular Alpacas? Curious as to how the silent ones compare to the regular one. Would appreciate your thoughts if you have tried both!

1 Like

Seriko silent linears finally came.

11 Likes

10 Likes

Sorry I don’t have any experience with regular Alpacas. I bought the silent ones because I heard good things. Just playing with one by hand they are awesome. Not sure if that is due to the factory lube or They are pretty awesome stock not sure if that is because of the factory lube and/or build quality.

2 Likes

They’re actually pretty similar. I’ve been testing Alpaca weights for a while.

The Silent Alpacas really do feel like Alpacas that are dampened. I don’t know if they are exactly as smooth, but I don’t pick up any grit or scratch in the Silent Alpacas.

I need to test them side-by-side, but so far I find the 62 gr Silent Alpacas to have weak and boring springs just like the regular 62 gr Alpacas.

3 Likes

Prime_E 3D printed case from P3D in translucent green. Keebwerk Tacit switches (Probably going in the Prime_E) and EG Crystal Violet switches (Going in a crystal clear Iris rev4 build)

11 Likes

Thermal – HALT vs. MIST – I didn’t decide which one will keep; however, both look stunning (forgive the ghetto photo).

12 Likes

They are out!

Tell us what you thing about the leaf spring plate :wink:

2 Likes

For sure! once I build one of them, will share some thoughts! :wink:

1 Like

That’s awesome! I’ve read the blog, but I didn’t know that they were for sale. Was this a GB or a direct sale, and where can I get my grubby mitts on one?

1 Like

They’re not actually for sale yet. I volunteered to help John test it out, and he sent me one to try. I can assure you, though, I’ll be purchasing five or six more as soon as they go up for sale. I was able to upload my own custom layout and it works exactly like how I’d always hoped QMK on the Model M would work.

Very cool. I really hope I don’t miss the announcement when they go live – I would grab one for sure given the opportunity. (Side note, I’m also waiting for Unicomp’s Mini-M whenever they get around to finishing it).

I didn’t realize these are shipping. What country are you in?

I’m lucky bastard, probably :wink: Poland

1 Like